Go to page 1
  Forum » General » Investigate cheat Date
Username
8 msgs.
Cadet
Hi,

If I don't want to go all out and report a cheat and risk being punished but if I only suspect something is wrong, How would I go about getting it investigated ??

do I still use the report a cheat or just contact the admins directly ??

I'll give you the scenario :

before the last league game a team in my league had 4 wins and 1 loss and was below me in the table/board
Their team had 18 goals for and 5 against.

now that the most recent game has played, where I won 6-0 and should have stayed above this other team, they are now top of the league with 5 wins, no losses, 23 goals for and 1 against.

how can they go from 5 goals against to 1 and suddenly have no losses where they had a loss before ??

( I have proof of this in screenshots because I usually keep a tab open of the league prior to a game so I can look back on the previous board after the game is played)
31/03/2011 02:36
  - Div/Gr
Username
8 msgs.
Cadet
Luckily I investigated myself a bit more after creating this thread and found that I had accidentally opened the youth team table/board instead of the seniors so my comparison was ALLLLL wrong.

It was difficult to identify because both the seniors and youth boards look exactly the same..... even the junior teams are in similar positions to their senior teams.

The only thing that really sets them apart is the title above the table which I didn't really notice out of the corner of my eye while I was looking at the detail in the stats of the table.

sorry.

it would be helpful though if the juniors board had a different stylesheet to make it visibly different.
31/03/2011 02:52
  - Div/Gr
3547 msgs.
Best scorer
Haha, think twice before report some 1 cheating 31/03/2011 04:57
  - Div/Gr
Username
8 msgs.
Cadet
Luckily I did think twice and didn't report it.

Just out of curiosity..... what is the "punishment" for falsely accusing someone of cheating
31/03/2011 05:33
  - Div/Gr
Username
2 msgs.
Ball boy
eternal damnation! 02/04/2011 07:28
  - Div/Gr

Go to page 1