Go to page 1, 2, 3
  Forum » Doubts and questions » New Manager in Div 5 Date
Username
5569 msgs.
Golden Ball

In case there's any question of interest, of the last 350 posts in "doubts and questions", only 10 have been read more than this one.

2 of those dealt with inactive teams. (1 for promotion of ghost managers, the other for the inactive private league mess)

So this is a problem that would likely be third most popular topic.

1 = WTF do I do? (noob question - I asked it)

2 = Can I have more money for doing xxx? (Can't manage funds..same way that I can't)
03/06/2011 08:44
  - Div/Gr
Username
677 msgs.
MVP of the game
Speaking of being bored, am the only active manager in my league. I'll suggest that vacant spots in higher divisions should be offered to active managers in lower divisions rather than new managers. 03/06/2011 10:04
  - Div/Gr
Username
471 msgs.
First-team player
Yep...like me!i wanna score some big ones against shengli and uruguay buh i cant coz my team is a measly 6th div with ageing players avaraging 40...nxt time u fire someone in div 5,do send some offers! 03/06/2011 11:04
  - Div/Gr
Username
221 msgs.
Substitute
Maybe it would be a good idea to delete all in-active teams at the end of this season (the definition of an in-active team could be discussed by the admins). However, I don't even think SM has enough active teams to fill in all spots in 5th division.

So either we (the active managers) all play in 4th without any/too much inactive managers,
or either all teams could stay in 5th division and fill in the spots with managers from 6th division (who promoted) and bots/inactive managers.

How 'bout that?

Edited by Cultif 03-06-2011 15:18
03/06/2011 15:17
  Kings XI Punjab - Div1/Gr1
Username
559 msgs.
MVP of the game
Striker Cup's going to be LOADED next year...with garbage. 04/06/2011 00:07
  - Div/Gr
Username
5569 msgs.
Golden Ball

Seriously, I am being mocked here. You go from increasing teams at 150/day to increasing them 1000/day.

1007 groups in div 6. up an astonishing 203 groups since Friday morning my time. (it is Tuesday about noon). Every group has played at least one league game, which really means +200 groups between Friday and Monday. That's +4000 teams!!!

The stats page backs this up.... 25,260 teams... +3000 teams (the stats page is not fluid, its a snapshot...and seems to run behind)

The good news is that there are 3000 new "active" managers now (logged within 45 days)... how many of them will log on for more than 5 minutes.

The bad news is that there are 2000 more inactive teams.

Is this not viewed as a problem? If it is, then even a simple "We don't know what to do about the problem..." would be great.

07/06/2011 18:49
  - Div/Gr
Username
3363 msgs.
Best scorer
Its a great sign that the game is obviously becoming popular and the word is spreading!

I think in time things will stabilise and active managers will enjoy the game in the higher leagues where competition will be fiercer.

I do agree with the above comments however and maybe termination of dormant accounts should be reduced to 14 days for NEW users, in all seriousness, if a newbie doesn't log in within 14 days of registering he is not coming back!
Keep it 45 days for established users.

Cheers
Nic
07/06/2011 19:03
  - Div/Gr
Username
471 msgs.
First-team player
14 days is more than enough. That time frame is just fine and will do good in reducing the number of inactive managers...and also overall inactive groups halfway into the season should be deleted. The game is still young,maybe with time,as we get into upper divisions it will get exciting. 07/06/2011 21:33
  - Div/Gr
Username
5569 msgs.
Golden Ball

Actually, 10-14 days is a good idea. It should be set to match the "safe harbor" period, where hostile clauses cannot be executed. This would prevent new teams from registering, being pillaged for their best players, then deleted. Which is only half as bad as what is happening now.

Set a minimum login requirement for the 10 or 14 days. Say 4 times or 60 or 90 minutes...whatever... Running total login times should give provide enough information to make an educated decision.

Then you could set up a batch job that does the following nightly:
System Bot (or delete) all teams with an owner whose first login was between 14 and 15 days ago and has (logged in less than 4 times OR under 90 total minutes).

This cannot be that hard to implement. But like I said, 30% of the teams in my league were inactive for more than 30 days prior to the start of this season. 7 were inactive for > 30 days prior to end of season.

Then hand those teams out to new users instead of creating new groups at an increasingly alarming rate.

Keep the users forever, if you like, then you can use them in the statistics you present to outsiders...but at least it gets rid of the dormant teams without having them being used as farm teams, resulting in a diluted game.

07/06/2011 22:35
  - Div/Gr
120 msgs.
Substitute
Ok, so i read somewhere that vacant div 5. Teams are given to managers from the lower league. Nw explain this. I invited 1 of my mates to join this game, so that we can compete against each other and have fun. Yet, when he signd up he was thrown straight in2 div.5! Where i am in div.6, i startd on saturday, while he startd in this week. Nw iv gt a lot of ground to make up. Which i doubt il b able 2 any time soon. Not reali fair and its taken some fun outta the game 08/06/2011 10:09
  - Div/Gr

Go to page 1, 2, 3