Go to page 1
  Forum » Doubts and questions » offered higher league Date
Username
1798 msgs.
International
So (i think) i read somewhere that in case some team in higher division gets disbanded, it's place is offered to players in lower leagues (eg. a 5th division team is disbanded and it's place offered to 6th division team). So i'm wondering, if this is true at all, what are the requirements to have such opportunity offered? As i think there are quite a few teams in 6th division that should really be in 5th division and play in 4th next season as they are clearly too strong for the division they are currently in (for example my team: average of my team is better than average of most teams in top 5 positions in 5th division). The only reason why i'm asking this is as i want to know what requirements should be met? As i really like the game right now but am afraid that i'll be given some barely active league next season again and i'll just drop out due boredom.. as right now i have no interesting matches at all (apart from private league and that one only plays at weekends).

So to admins, you really should consider a way to promote active teams in higher leagues instead of keeping players in inactive leagues.. that will just make them quit eventually. As right now i'm online every day, but i'm just starting to realize more and more that it's all for nothing - since my league is inactive (apart from 3 teams) i can't really gain any positions (i'm 3rd, 1 point behind 2nd and 1st who are tied) as no team can take any points away from 1st 2 teams and all matches are won by us 3 with goal difference of at least 5. So i really hope something can be done to have more active leagues to give us a reason to actually play daily.

Edited by Horath 07-06-2011 00:13
07/06/2011 00:08
  - Div/Gr
Admin
275 msgs.
First-team player
Places of teams in the upper divisions are offered "randomly" to teams in the same division but with a lower rank in the board or teams in the next division, highly ranked in the board. At the same time, the place this teams leave are also offered to inferior teams doing well.

Inactive players, that is after 45 days without any login are expelled from the game.

This method allows to have really active managers in the top divisions, it is a slow process but is the best method that fits well with the game.

Being third in your league you're warranted to promote next season, even in 4th position you would have a chance to promote. So don't worry about this too much, in two weeks you will be wishing to be in an inactive league again ! (20 active teams makes the game very competitive)
07/06/2011 00:21
  Team 139702ffgds - Div4/Gr63
Username
1798 msgs.
International
@internat said:
in two weeks you will be wishing to be in an inactive league again ! (20 active teams makes the game very competitive)

the problem is that even 5th leagues right now are not all active, there will be players staying in 5th league who have not logged in ever since registration, there will be players who willl get a promotion and have not logged in since registration (that's the case for my league, 4th and 5th team are both inactive). I really hope that next season there will be more competitive matches as right now it's pretty "sad" lol, i scored 119 goals in 24 matches (makes it average 5 per match) and conceded 11 (less than 0,5 goal per game) goals I would much rather be in the middle of the table and have intense matches all the time than what i've had so far in this season >_<
07/06/2011 00:28
  - Div/Gr
Username
3363 msgs.
Best scorer
I hope I'm in your group next season H, would be great to have some competition, my group (cept for me of course) is made up of Casper the ghost and his merry band of ethereal beings for the entire season! I have not had 1 competitive match.

Bring on Div5! Even if there are 5 active managers it will be something

Cheers
Nic
07/06/2011 11:18
  - Div/Gr
Username
1798 msgs.
International
yeah, i really hope so too I've had 2 competitive matches so far in my league this season, but both came when i still didn't have clear idea about my team so i kind of messed up there, thus why i'm 1 point behind 2nd and 1st place right now and can't do nothing about it Really hope for 5-10 teams who are active in my league next season (at minimum) 07/06/2011 13:28
  - Div/Gr
Admin
275 msgs.
First-team player
We know this situation. We're going to reduce de inactive user firing time, maybe 45 days is too much. Then 5th division places will be offered to active players.

But, as the game goes on, higher leagues will be more competitive.
09/06/2011 11:18
  Team 139702ffgds - Div4/Gr63
Username
2108 msgs.
Best scorer
Let's not forget the following-

This game has been around for barely half a year (as far as I know), usually it takes a game a couple of years to get popular. This game is already pretty decent (minus all the tiny bugs it will need to work out). soon there will be plenty of competition, and if not, that's what private leagues are for, right?
09/06/2011 12:36
  - Div/Gr
Username
5569 msgs.
Golden Ball

I don't think the game is the issue. The mechanics of the game are great.

The apparent plan for growth is the issue. Lowering the inactive time is the first word I've heard in about 2 weeks of this.

Saying users are deleted after 45 days is one thing, but I've already demonstrated 6 of the teams in my group are 90+ days inactive. So this isn't happening during the season, at least. Unless putting a system bot in charge is automated, this problem won't simply go away by fiat. Something *actually* has to be done.

Similar to the problem of putting new users in Division 5 teams, a game update in April said that no new managers would be given these teams, but it happens. Again, simply declaring it a rule doesn't make it magically so.

Private leagues are a mess. This was discussed in another thread....not even by me.

I'm not concerned about popularity. I'm concerned about sustainability.

09/06/2011 17:44
  - Div/Gr
Username
1798 msgs.
International
I agree, game mechanics are really great, i'm having lots of fun training players, trading etc. - but it's lack of "organisation" that is the problem. Too many inactive teams will be given a promotion next year just because there were only other inactives to compete with them.. imo no team with inactive manager should get promoted but instead offer the promotion to an active manager who failed to promote in a league with quite a few active managers or something. Or maybe make smaller groups or something as playing 38 matches in a league where there are 2-3 active managers is rather pointless 09/06/2011 17:54
  - Div/Gr
Username
163 msgs.
Substitute
Y'all should really listen to what @internat said below:
@internat said:
in two weeks you will be wishing to be in an inactive league again ! (20 active teams makes the game very competitive)

FYI, internat is in the same division as I am. And we have only 5-6 active player out of total 20. But it's really hard for me (and internat) to get to number 1. It's just lucky that right now I'm in 2nd place, should be lower than that. I can't imagine if my next league is filled with 10 active player (or worse, more). Even internat, which is moderator here, who have lots of advantages like how this game played, right now on 4th place. No guarantee he is gonna go level up next season.

I am totally agree with him about wishing next league will be lots of inactive player, lol...
10/06/2011 08:48
  - Div/Gr

Go to page 1