Go to page 1
  Forum » General » Bribe the ref Date
59 msgs.
Rookie
Why does this game allow primes? It's a bit like saying - No you don't have to be a very good manager, your tactics can stink, your transfer dealings can be awful and you don't have to be bothered to put time and effort into your team, but it doesn't matter because you can win games by buying primes.
It is equivalent to bribing the ref because you sure as hell don't demonstrate any skill or effort by using primes.
I don't criticise people for using primes but I think Striker Manager devalues the game by allowing them.
21/07/2011 00:52
  - Div/Gr
Username
559 msgs.
MVP of the game
i'd consider them to be more resembling of a team "pep talk" before the game, or something to simply boost the entire team's performance for one game.

1. using primes don't guarantee you'll win, and honestly i wonder why anybody spends GB on them. which leads me to

2. i could think of a few better ways to blow 50 GBs than using them for a "pep talk" that doesn't even work a lot of the time. but since it costs real money to buy GB, if someone feels they need to spend real money to defeat you, then i guess you're just that good. haha
21/07/2011 01:05
  - Div/Gr
Username
797 msgs.
MVP of the game
I agree.

So far I had two games against "doped" opponents. I won one 3:1 and the other 3:0. Seems to me that someone regreted wasting precious GBs...:lol:
21/07/2011 03:08
  Union RS Marburg - Div3/Gr8
Username
1848 msgs.
International
Last season I played a match where my title rival used 3 premiums in our match, he still lost. So I don't think they do that much unless the teams are pretty even. 21/07/2011 08:43
  - Div/Gr
33 msgs.
Child's coach
nobody important said:
Why does this game allow primes? It's a bit like saying - No you don't have to be a very good manager, your tactics can stink, your transfer dealings can be awful and you don't have to be bothered to put time and effort into your team, but it doesn't matter because you can win games by buying primes.
It is equivalent to bribing the ref because you sure as hell don't demonstrate any skill or effort by using primes.
I don't criticise people for using primes but I think Striker Manager devalues the game by allowing them.

what is this??
21/07/2011 12:42
  - Div/Gr
Username
1772 msgs.
International
xaoifsx said:
nobody important said:

what is this??

Keeping Sepp Blatter happy!
21/07/2011 14:43
  - Div/Gr
Username
1772 msgs.
International
You give your team a boost buy paying 50 GB in a match. Almost like performance drugs! 21/07/2011 14:49
  - Div/Gr
33 msgs.
Child's coach
oh! thank you 21/07/2011 15:07
  - Div/Gr

Go to page 1