Go to page 1
  Forum » Suggestions » Hostile negotiations (Greed/Ego stat) Date
Should there be an "ego" stat?
Yes, GREED!
No, GREED!
What in the world is this guy talking about?
Username
715 msgs.
MVP of the game
I know the hostile clause is a bit of a touchy matter.

But with big dollar teams bullying low budget teams, why can't we add a bit more fun to the mix?

There should be a "ego/greed" stat for every player. Basically, the higher this stat, the more likely the player will go to the team with the highest bid. Or, motivation will always be low for players with high "ego/greed" unless they are being paid alot of money. If the player has high average, or is just good looking, the likelihood of "greed" being high, increases.

Players with exceptionally high greed/ego may just leave their team upright and magically end up on the market with a super high starting bid. These high greed/ego players often refuse to show up for training. If the team bidding on the high "ego" player has a losing record, the player may not show up even after a winning bid.

Once in a while a player of enormous "ego" will hold a "decision" television press show.

Greed/ego is often contagious too.

And yes, this post is being a bit sarcastic

Welcome to professional sports.
27/07/2011 19:33
  - Div/Gr
Username
5569 msgs.
Golden Ball

Ego should be attached to managers and boost manager ratings, not player. There should be some sort of rating bonus for owning the news.

Managers with exceptionally high ego should be given bonuses and coddled, like the divas they are.

Also, send money.
27/07/2011 23:51
  - Div/Gr
921 msgs.
MVP of the game
jacobpark said:
Once in a while a player of enormous "ego" will hold a "decision" television press show.

Can players with massive egos get their own publication channel with dedicated support team... like churning out Striker News articles for example

On a more serious note, if you do GB search, there is a fidelity attribute hidden for players (low/medium/high as far as Search+ can tell us) which partially determines how much increasing their salary bumps up their release clause.
27/07/2011 23:58
  - Div/Gr
Username
997 msgs.
MVP of the game
Here's my problem with this idea ( I like it, but I'm just being realistic here). About every other day you see posts in the forum about people complaining that someone stole their player (hostile clause), and then it's like a revelation for them when they find out that they should have read the F.A.Q. section before starting to complain... Now, add this on the top of it, and you have a forum full of lazy people who don't read the rules for three months, crying because their best player just left the team... But I can see how this could make the game a bit more interesting, only for those who know this game inside out. For people who joined recently or just lazy to read the rules it will be just another thing to not know until it happens to them. And then you'll see a post: "My player just left my team!What happened? someone help me!!!".

here's just a couple of them from past couple of weeks:
http://uk.strikermanager.com/foros/hilo.php?id=258500
http://uk.strikermanager.com/foros/hilo.php?id=258065

I like the first one:

sgand said:
Have you read the forums at all?

super hornet said:
No!

Just an example that people don't read...

Edited by Romasik2000 28-07-2011 07:06
28/07/2011 06:52
  - Div/Gr
Username
4257 msgs.
Best scorer
ya old players should send a message every time they are buying a player using release clause from a new manager... telling him what is release clause and what happened. because now half of doubt and question is helpp my player is gone!!!! 28/07/2011 11:39
  - Div/Gr
921 msgs.
MVP of the game
akleb said:
ya old players should send a message every time they are buying a player using release clause from a new manager... telling him what is release clause and what happened. because now half of doubt and question is helpp my player is gone!!!!

Yeah, but when that manager on here whining has been playing for 2-3months and STILL doesn't know and haven't read anything on the forums, then I have no sympathy. More like, ah well your team can't have been very good if nobody's hostiled any of your players in 3 months

Edited by slipi 28-07-2011 13:19
28/07/2011 13:19
  - Div/Gr
Username
4257 msgs.
Best scorer
if noone bought ur players that doesnt mean they are not good.. it means that u raised their salary and their release clause in a smart way or that their players suckss work both wayz 28/07/2011 13:34
  - Div/Gr
Username
4257 msgs.
Best scorer
if noone bought ur players that doesnt mean they are not good.. it means that u raised their salary and their release clause in a smart way or that their players suckss work both wayz 28/07/2011 13:34
  - Div/Gr
921 msgs.
MVP of the game
True, but not when the manager comes on asking "you have to raise their salary so they don't get hostiled?" 28/07/2011 13:43
  - Div/Gr
Username
997 msgs.
MVP of the game
ok, let's get back to the topic, I was just giving an example that people don't read and I wasn't talking about etiquette. 28/07/2011 14:36
  - Div/Gr

Go to page 1