Go to page 1, 2
  Forum » Suggestions » Scout Protection Date
Username
78 msgs.
Rookie
The players that your scout returns need to be "protected" so everyone cannot sign them right away. Even if it just for 10 minutes. I was sitting at my computer clicking the scout button until the scout returned, and I still couldn't sign the players he found because someone signed them faster. The scout is really useless unless the manager using the scout has at least a couple minutes where only that manager can sign those players. 10/08/2011 13:16
  - Div/Gr
Username
2737 msgs.
Best scorer
If you are referring to the free players, its not gonna change because your not the only one who times it that way. So if that rule is applied, it wouldnt change anything since all managers will (more or less) see the same players and all will have a 10 minute "protection".

If you're not fast, then you could buy them. Usually managers sell them right away for cheap.
10/08/2011 13:25
  - Div/Gr
Username
78 msgs.
Rookie
1) Good point. I didn't realize that managers scouting shared the same pool of players. Still think something should be done so that everyone has a reasonable chance (at least 5 minutes) to sign some players, but I'm not sure how they could do that.
2) The amount that decent players sell for at auction is not cheap. Plus that just gives the players that sign all the players quickly LOTS of $
10/08/2011 13:41
  - Div/Gr
Username
2737 msgs.
Best scorer
Don't think its gonna change. Your only option is to work on your speed. Try picking times where the least managers are online, you'll get a better chance. 10/08/2011 14:03
  - Div/Gr
Username
5205 msgs.
Golden Ball
Better scouts see the players before everyone else. 3 days ago I saw a 35-rated player sit for 12 minutes before he was signed. I would have signed him but my squad was full. 10/08/2011 22:28
  - Div/Gr
Username
78 msgs.
Rookie
CelloG said:
Better scouts see the players before everyone else. 3 days ago I saw a 35-rated player sit for 12 minutes before he was signed. I would have signed him but my squad was full.

I doubt that. All of the scouts return at the same time.
11/08/2011 14:18
  - Div/Gr
Username
1848 msgs.
International
my scout returns after 6 or 7 hours, my old one would take a day. 11/08/2011 15:00
  - Div/Gr
Username
78 msgs.
Rookie
I didn't mean time like that I meant the actual time of day when the scout returns. 11/08/2011 17:11
  - Div/Gr
Username
3363 msgs.
Best scorer
I think dominatord is onto something good here, I really like this suggestion, with a slight variation.

1. Players returned by your scout are only for you to sign. i.e there is a pool of free players out there and each scout that is active at that time is assigned a % of those free players, so when they come to you (it may only be one player or often maybe none) they are yours to sign if you want, lets say for 24 hrs.

2. If you have an excellent scout, i.e. 95+ you are able to draw better players from that pool. They also return quicker. (As it is really)

Basically its a pain in the A$$ to have to sit online at just the right time only to lose out to someone with a quicker link.
16/08/2011 11:32
  - Div/Gr
Username
2737 msgs.
Best scorer
but hows that gonna work either. Lets say, more than one person has a 99% scout: who gets the best player in that pool? would you do it randomly? that means that if there are about 20-30 managers doing this at the same time, about 5 of them have 99%...you would expect to get a good player once every week. Also, this gives managers with scouts less than 90 almost no chance of getting a good player. I know this could be considered fair because higher scouts are being paid more but thats giving the scouts too much power.

I mean if people hire 99% scouts, they could be getting lots of money daily without doing much work. Send the scout. Open SM anytime the next day. Hire youth. Send the scout again.

I think this is the only part of the game where clicking faster gets you money, which makes being online worth it at the specified time. Otherwise, you'll be ridding the weaker teams of one great source of making money.
16/08/2011 11:43
  - Div/Gr

Go to page 1, 2