Go to page 1
  Forum » Suggestions » Player Roles Date
Username
72 msgs.
Rookie
I think it would be interesting to create roles for players, not just a position that they are best at. For instance, I would think that a RW would have a decent time dropping back to RM. That player would of course be worse at RM than at RW for a bit, maybe for experience reasons. But he should be able to work his way to being as good at RM as he is at RW. More importantly, I think he should be able to progress at the same rate while playing RM as he would if he were playing RW. Same thing for a CF (or maybe any F) dropping to a OM perhaps, or a CDF moving up to be a DFM.

I think a good way to implement this is to put more importance on the specific stats. If a CDF doesn't have a good pass rating, he shouldn't be that good at moving up to DFM. Likewise, if a RM would need finishing to effectively move up to RW. By defining which stats are important to which position, we could create a system that allows players to thrive a a couple of positions to which they should be able to move.

Other things would need to be tweaked to make this a realistic and implementable system, but this is the basic idea I had in mind. I know this would be a huge update at the least, since many things would need to be changed (perhaps a lot of this is already programed in, I am new to the game), which makes it less likely. It could be an interesting, productive, and fun to have something in place like this, though.
14/08/2011 22:23
  - Div/Gr
Username
5569 msgs.
Golden Ball

You will be able to dictate this sort of movement to a certain degree with formations in new sim.
14/08/2011 22:29
  - Div/Gr
1237 msgs.
International
And that will be next season right 14/08/2011 23:08
  - Div/Gr
Username
2108 msgs.
Best scorer
Supposedly yes.

Although nothing ever goes as planned.
15/08/2011 00:00