Go to page 1
  Forum » Suggestions » Auction length Date
Do you think that the auction length of a player should be modified?
Yes!
No.
jibberjabber
Username
116 msgs.
Substitute
I would like to see something changed about the length of the auction of a player. At the moment you put a player on auction and then you wait and wait and wait for days before people start bidding in the last few moments of the auction, unless you have a crazy low direct buy clause in place.

Why can't I choose the length of the auction - 3,2,1 days, 12 hours, 6 hours, etc. ?
18/08/2011 13:40
  - Div/Gr
921 msgs.
MVP of the game
It would make it far easier for players to make quick money out of simply buying and selling players.
At present, buy/sell vs find and train is evenly balanced. Most bargains take around a week to get up to full average to sell on, reducing this would see the market also becoming even more flooded as players are bought and quickly resold several times a day.
18/08/2011 13:50
  - Div/Gr
Username
3363 msgs.
Best scorer
So in reality, with a quick turn-around time, it just means managers wont sell their player quicker! There will be too many players for the demand.
So they would have to auction the same player over and over to get a sale.
Basically its demand driven, so you may be able to find bargains but eventually they will have to be sold at market price (which will be way below actual value due to the player flood.)
This will suppress the market and make it difficult for the majority of managers to actually make any money.

So you may like the quick fix of the early sale, but eventually you will battle to sell your player.
18/08/2011 14:21
  - Div/Gr
Username
677 msgs.
MVP of the game
It's like you took the words out of my of mouth GunnerNic 18/08/2011 21:30
  - Div/Gr
Username
3363 msgs.
Best scorer
Good thing it wasn't your KFC spicy chicken wrap then 18/08/2011 22:05
  - Div/Gr
Username
116 msgs.
Substitute
I still think giving us an option to shorten the auction time is a good idea. But I also recognise the problem regarding the over-flooding and more quick buy low-sell high deals. Maybe shorter auction time in combination with a cap on how often a player can be put on the market (once per week, two times per week?) would be the best solution. The auction at present is just too long (at least in my mind) as people mostly only bid at the end. 18/08/2011 22:15
  - Div/Gr
Username
2108 msgs.
Best scorer
depends, I look in the back first for direct buys, cause thats where people snap them up. 19/08/2011 04:15
  - Div/Gr

Go to page 1