Go to page 1
  Forum » Updates » Training starting today! Date
Username
280 msgs.
First-team player
Everything is set for tonight's trainings! We hope everything works fine tonight, if not, please bear with us, and we will try to fixt it asap This is a major change, and many things can go wrong.

We have just uploaded the new training green bars. Check them out! ( They are correct at a 95%, expect some minor changes in the next couple of days, but nothing dramatic )

We would like to give you a few pointers about new training:

As you already know, players’ characteristics are now directly used in the new simulator. And the global average of a player is a value for guidance only; this is not used during the simulation.

New trainings increase directly these characteristics and the global average is calculated afterwards.

Each position has multiple trainings that are useful to it. How every training affects every position is something you will have to discover by yourself. Do not rely only on how long is the green bar of training, you must decide which characteristic do you want to improve, and choose the best training for that characteristic.

For example, let's look at the Goalkeepers. This is the easiest position to train. There are 3 trainings that affect them, "Saves", "Penalty Saves", and "Catching high balls".

Saves will increase the "Saves" characteristic of your GK, and it will increase his leadership for a small amount; instead, “Penalty Saves” will improve much more the leadership of your GK than his "saves". And “catching high balls” will improve both characteristics at 50%. Which training you use, depends on what do you want to achieve.

One more thing, it is much easier to increase a characteristic when its value is low. So, it will take you a lot less time to improve a GK's "Saves" characteristic from 30 to 50 than from 50 to 70.

From now on, senior training will have the same ruling than junior training, that is, you will not be able to train the same training more than twice per week.

Explanation of skills:

Skills are a very nice way to customize even more your players. Your players now can increase their level, when their experience (gained from games) reaches a certain level.

You can spend your ability points in skills. If you need your IM to be more defensive than usual, you can set some points in "Defensive Wall", but
Normally you would like to spend more points in "Precise pass", as passing is a very important ability for an IM.

Mind that you cannot get a lvl2 ability without having at least 3 abilities at lvl1 ( The same goes for lvl 3,4,5 ).

Thank you for your patience! If you have any further question, just ask them at our forums!

03/10/2011 17:12
  - Div/Gr
Username
5569 msgs.
Golden Ball

It looks like recovery failed during the middle of the run, causing training to never execute.

I say this, because some teams have recovered, while other teams (like mine) have not. And no one has trained that I have heard.

I'm posting this so that you all know that the admin has been made aware of the situation and will comment on it today (I'm moderator, not admin), so please remain patient while they work through this.

We will try our best to get answers today on this issue. (Note the phrase: "We hope everything works fine tonight, if not, please bear with us, and we will try to fixt it asap This is a major change, and many things can go wrong.")

They will try to fix it ASAP.
04/10/2011 07:54
  - Div/Gr
Username
5569 msgs.
Golden Ball
DAY 2 - TRAINING (Technical difficulties, please stand by)

Again, stamina did not recover for everyone, and training did not run. @rand should post update in morning.

If it's any consolation, I temp promoted 2 seriously good midfielders expecting training to run tonight....so we're all suffering the same.

Stay cool, we're doing a lot of work at every level.

The senior admin is coding and trying to correct for the major changes.
The middle management is now providing updates and keeping us, as players, informed.
All of us new @ are busy improving the FAQ's so that the number of questions like the Sunday night "Where'd my money go?!?!" questions go away...

Ok, some people will still ask these questions.

Please keep outrage to a minimum while they work on it... the more we freak out, the less they can focus on getting this effing training working
05/10/2011 05:06
  - Div/Gr
Username
5569 msgs.
Golden Ball
DAY 2.5 => Training Run Successful.

Check your players.

@rand said to give it to tomorrow to see all impacts.

Check this player for what it should look like.

http://uk.strikermanager.com/inicio.php?accion=/jugador.php%3Fid_jugador%3D3266452

Good job @rand/@internat

Edited by @rebsiot 05-10-2011 17:03

Edited by @rebsiot 05-10-2011 17:56
05/10/2011 17:03
  - Div/Gr

Go to page 1