Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8
  Forum » General » For those complaining about offside traps Date
Username
2737 msgs.
Best scorer
Been following lots of complaints against those who use a high defensive line. Now here is a screenshot of an offside from a real game out of which i can pull 10s of more plays just like this one. 20 players packed in a small area. Before anyone complains again about this being unrealistic in the game...please watch "realistic" games first!

[IMG][/IMG]
30/11/2011 18:45
  - Div/Gr
Username
1245 msgs.
International
Haha +1 30/11/2011 20:58
  - Div/Gr
Username
6256 msgs.
Golden Ball
Thank you soli. This is real football as it happens.

I really can't understand this "make it so peoples players can't move more than 2ft from their starting position" stuff.

Just lazy tactics.

I will say that there needs to be a change in the way that CF's push the offside trap.
30/11/2011 21:10
  - Div/Gr
Username
4257 msgs.
Best scorer
grantis45 said:

I really can't understand this "make it so peoples players can't move more than 2ft from their starting position" stuff.

Just lazy tactics.

I will say that there needs to be a change in the way that CF's push the offside trap.

just a reply to your
grantis45 said:Just shut up, seriously. Learn how football is really played.

its ok to post your opinion as i posted mine .. u can respond and post your opinion without the use of offensive language..

i gave my opinion , u don't like it just give another and move on with your life ...

30/11/2011 23:40
  - Div/Gr
Username
6256 msgs.
Golden Ball
akleb said:
grantis45 said:

Just lazy tactics.

just a reply to your
grantis45 said:Just shut up, seriously. Learn how football is really played.

its ok to post your opinion as i posted mine .. u can respond and post your opinion without the use of offensive language..

i gave my opinion , u don't like it just give another and move on with your life ...

I got upset because the whole point of my thread was to try to pull @rand and co into some explanations about the inability of half of the SM populace to play the game. I apologise, I've seen a lot of posts like yours. I'm getting Post Traumatic SM.

Honestly, sorry. Look back at the thread I sent you from, At least you didn't get @cellog having a go at you
30/11/2011 23:50
  - Div/Gr
Username
1835 msgs.
International
I take issue with the picture. Using Arsenal as an example? Jeez, find a better example; they seem to botch a lot of their offside traps. Haha 01/12/2011 00:12
  - Div/Gr
Username
4257 msgs.
Best scorer
we can use Pato attack in the match between milan and barcha , when barcha had their defense a bit forward 01/12/2011 00:31
  - Div/Gr
2608 msgs.
Best scorer
I now respect man city. Liverpool was the only well known team that managed to slow them down a bit and we are playing them in Carling cup semi-final in January.
YNWA-------------> You'll Never Walk Alone
At least in real life you can send long balls to the striker and he will run to kick it. But not sure with those lazy players we have.......I will start saving money hoping that one day @ will send about 100 star players....I personally ask for suarez (any other CF who plays in a descent div1 team will be fine too)......if any admin can read this.......
I also believe we can beat offside trap, I watched ventus vs compas (striker cup game) and compas was using offside trap but ventus still managed to score first goal of the game and had many chances.
01/12/2011 01:32
  - Div/Gr
Username
2737 msgs.
Best scorer
that's the point. you use offside trap means you will get less chances on your goal but they will be more risky. If anyone watched man city's goal...it was from a counter attack, even their goal against liverpool. It's the same with this game. You wont score a lot against an offside trap but you will get a few 1 on 1s. What's left is to tweak the simulator so that a bigger portion of those chances go in.

Other than that, i see no problem in how the strategy is being played.
01/12/2011 07:15
  - Div/Gr
Username
3363 msgs.
Best scorer
Ok, you may remember I said in another thread that I would be campaigning to fix this high offside line crap as a tactic.
It looks like I'm getting my wish. They will be making changes to the sim to stop users doing this.
Basically after they fix it (and lets hope its done properly) it will be "Sure - go ahead and do it, but dont complain when you get beaten 7-0 cz you didnt bring your defs back from the HALFWAY line"

The picture above doesn't explain the point I was trying to make (Man City still have 2 defs out of picture so they not playing for offside and Arsenal are playing a std offside which may last a minute or 2 and their defenders are not on the halfway line like many users are playing in SM)

If you trying to compare the sim to real football when it comes to offside which you trying to say in this thread then here's the comparisons with the current sim:

Real Life: Defs on the halfway line are common when team is attacking in the final 1/4 but not when the play is midfield.
SM: Defs are on the halfway line right up to when the ball gets there, then only drop back slightly.

Real Life: With a halfway offside line, longballs and through balls into WIDE open space are used constantly to break that offside line.
SM: No through balls or longballs over the top into space at all. Only silly little passes just in front of the attacker easily mopped up by the defender.

Real Life: Once broken the offside trap only my 82 yr old grandmother (who is quite quick on her granny bike) will pass forwards to another attacker to get an offside flag.
SM: Any attacker ahead of the ball or even in line automatically gets the pass (remember there are no defenders now, only a GK to beat) and is blown for offside.

Real Life: A defender running back to cover a broken offside trap and hacks down the attacker will get a minimum of a yellow card every time!
SM: The occasional yellow card is shown after repeated hacking.

Real Life: With only a GK to beat and 2 attackers bearing down on him, 9 times out of 10 a goal is scored.
SM: A goal is scored maybe 1 time out of 10.

Once again, I'm not pointing blame at users for using it, I am forced to use it myself sometimes, but I can totally understand users frustrated playing against it and wanting it changed.
01/12/2011 07:59
  - Div/Gr

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8