Forum » FAQ & Tutorials » The Economics of Striker Manager Date
Did you find this useful?
Yes
No
Username
261 msgs.
First-team player
good work... thumbs up!..

but at certain point / fact i disagreed it... throught out this last 2 season...
1) Timing - the exact or perfectly time for buying was on 1-2 weeks and during off seasons where SM Managers are unable to generate profit (to cover their weekly cost) especially this where u got a very good margin for a very good plaver (more than 60 Avg)... So, do some small investment for that period... i have seen it..

2) The one that most unpredicted price is the young prospect with good forecast.... where else all normal GK, CDF and CF player are predicted (b'case if been hostile many player n selled it). only these three are the most hot demand with a fast return of money.

These are only my opinion & just want to share some ideas.. u all may disagreed with me... but this my way of surviving and moving forward with the addicted games...
01/03/2012 11:48
  - Div/Gr
1382 msgs.
International
Feel free anyone to through a bone here but i was thinking last night and realized that a problem with system bots not buying from the market place is creating a problem.

Looking at the other end of the spectrum from @Dee's perspective of allowing sell off of bot players..

System bots are managers but they don't (from my knowledge) buy and sell players. Now you can not start allowing hostioes of system controlled teams but what if they were allowed to start purchasing player from the auction block at the lowest prices in order to fill incomplete line ups? Could solve nil revenue bug and having a bot by low income players means a steady balance of buying and selling. The system bots would be creating a sort of price floor unknowingly. I think thats right.. Feel free to pull the idea apart.

Edited by cmccourt 02-03-2012 13:22
02/03/2012 13:19
  - Div/Gr
Username
1835 msgs.
International
that will put more money into the system. whatever income the system bots have, is also now added to the market. 02/03/2012 13:24
  - Div/Gr
1382 msgs.
International
Your right it would. You have to treat system bots as individual users is what i feel in order to solve current situation.

I was just trying to solve both the line up bug and inflation. I see Its not possible to do without fixing current prblm.

Edited by cmccourt 02-03-2012 15:48
02/03/2012 15:46
  - Div/Gr
Username
130 msgs.
Substitute
I really like the way this is opening up discussion. Dee has done some outstanding work. My 2p would be that they introduce some sort of tax system. I'm not saying tax the rich to give to the poor but rather set up a sort of season long tax system. At the end of the season(year) you will have to pay the tax based on certain factors.
-Profit
-Buying and selling
-Hostile Buying being taxed a bit higher
-Investment in Schools could have some sort of tax deduction

The rate would be bracketed so the managers that are pulling in millions will be paying higher than those just starting out. This might balance some of the money's being racked in and not let the managers who started early from making it impossible to break in.
02/03/2012 21:19
  - Div/Gr
Username
130 msgs.
Substitute
I really like the way this is opening up discussion. Dee has done some outstanding work. My 2p would be that they introduce some sort of tax system. I'm not saying tax the rich to give to the poor but rather set up a sort of season long tax system. At the end of the season(year) you will have to pay the tax based on certain factors.
-Profit
-Buying and selling

The rate would be bracketed so the managers that are pulling in millions will be paying higher than those just starting out. This might balance some of the money's being racked in and not let the managers who started early from making it impossible to break in.
02/03/2012 21:19
  - Div/Gr
Username
769 msgs.
MVP of the game
bikingbadger said:
-Profit
-Buying and selling

Work away with that but be very careful what you wish for.........Its like the lotto......It could be you
02/03/2012 21:22
  Black Knights - Div2/Gr2
Username
130 msgs.
Substitute
Need to have some sort of leveling tactic in the game. If the guys playing the game since the beginning are left to rule the roost then the newbies will be put off. I have a team that I'm sure is not good enough to be where they are now let alone in the next div but I may have a chance in getting up there. Might take a season or two for my youth players to come through. This is what you want in the game, incentive to stick around but not be put off because you can't afford to make it. Either that or they need to make a once off tax to re-adjust everyone's bank account. 02/03/2012 21:27
  - Div/Gr
1382 msgs.
International
I thought the addition of the star players was a great plus to curb some issues a few seasons back and would be nice to see more star players available. This way those users with more the most money will have something to gain from spending money.

We practically have a split market on our hands and any more burdens on new users will create a negative effect and any more unjustly taxation without explanation will deter old users. With that said, I really like the idea of the tax on revenue at the end of the season. I think something like that should be done because that is how real life is. Teams are corporations who pay health insurance, retirement funds, tax on corporate earnings, etc.. so an end of season business tax would be justified and I can't see any negative from that besides the typical its not fair i pay enough already..which has no clout behind it. This makes sense and others have been saying this same idea for awhile.

Edited by cmccourt 02-03-2012 22:37
02/03/2012 22:36
  - Div/Gr
Username
130 msgs.
Substitute
I had it in mind that in real life there is a tax system so why not incorporate this into the system. This will tax the higher earners more than those earning less. This will enable a sort of leveler in the game. Also unlike real life there should not be any tax deductions but rather a set percentage based on the income and the percentage just gets larger up to say 50% for the really high earners. Everyone will pay the tax and they could then create super stars based on that taxed money as this will indicate how much money is in the pool. So a few super stars could be created based on all the monies taken in. So the managers who are earning huge sums will be given an extra incentive to save but the price will be set for the super stars based on the income of the whole game. So if 1Billion is taken in in taxes then 10 super stars of 100M can be created. This will mean that another 1billion will be taken out of the system from the higher earners as they will want to buy those super stars. Or at least the starting price will be 100M. I have no idea what the managers in div 2 and 3 are pulling in per game or what their expenses are. But at least this will act as a sort of end of season special. Where a chunk of the cash in the system is pulled out and invested into super star players, then again the money will be pulled out from the richer teams as they will be the only ones able to afford the super star players. So it act's as a double up on the higher earning teams. So they could even call it the "Super Star Tax"

By the way. Is anyone willing to let us know what the top boys are pulling in? Are we talking bank accounts of Billions or a couple hundred Million?
03/03/2012 06:15
  - Div/Gr

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 7