Forum » Off-topic » Interview - Shengli Date
How was this one ?
Good to read
Interesting
Bad
Username
2768 msgs.
Best scorer
This time i have Ex- @ and champion of Striker Cup season 3 Shengli with me. We must thank him for sparing some time from his busy schedule and answering some questions of mine
This was done through some personal messages so kindly note the difference from other Interviews

Q. First the burning question at present, ‘Why did you give away @?’

Shengli : First of all, thank you so much for the interview vijji. I always follow your work and you're doing it great
Going to the first question, I decided to give away the @ mainly for two reasons. First of all was the lack of time. I am studying a degree and also have two jobs, so it was impossible for me to collaborate in the same way as before. Appart from that, I also had the feeling that new @'s are enough skilled to handle with all the tasks, so I thought it was the right time to leave my place.

Q. Some say you were hurt by removal of @Fermin so you have quit being @.. What’s you answer for this? You surely missed him right?

Shengli : Well, it's true that was hard for me to see how @Fermin left the game, and also the way he did it. He was the first manager I met here, and also the first @, so he has and will always have all my respect. It's always sad to see experienced managers to leave, so for sure many people misses him, me included.

Q. Will ever consider being @ again? You are one of the most experienced users here, we might need your services…

Shengli : That's a difficult question, as everything would depend on the amount of time I have to spend with the game. I will live in Belgium from September on, so maybe you will see me over here more often.
Anyway, I'm sure everything will go great here with the @ crew we have here right now, I'm not sure if they will need my services again =P !

Q. You were the Champ of SC, the last champ of old sim but now you are struggling. Is it going to be different this time?

Shengli : Honestly, I don't think I have a lot of chances. Last cup wasn't a good one for me, and it's difficult to be optimistic taking a look to the performance of my team this season. In any case, I'll do my best, so you should be careful with me

Q. It’s been two seasons and you still are struggling with the formations and tactics, didn’t get some practice on present sim when it was in beta stage?

Shengli : I didn't test enough the new sim, that's obvious. We have here again the free time issue, I haven't tried enough all the tactics to build a strong one. That's my main weakness right now, but I'll try to change it as soon as possible.

Q. Then the question I wanted to ask you most was, you attachment towards GK training. You seem to be a master of Goal keeper training….

Shengli : Well, I always bring up my keepers with love, I think that's the secret =P Joking, I think it's just a matter of patience, and choosing the proper players. I've always been very strict with the quality of my young gk's, so after training them hard you always get your reward.

Q. Tell us about your PL the mysterious ‘NO ENTIENDO INGLES 1.0 ‘

Shengli : Maybe I'm the only one, but I really think the name is horrible =P (joking)! Anyway, I know I'm in a great league with very experienced managers. Champos and Vija are wonderful organizers, and they did a great job gathering some of the best managers there.

Q. What were your feelings when you got knocked out of cup by a relatively lesser known manager?

Shengli : Being a popular manager or experienced doesn't mean you are going to win all the time. I wasn't honestly surprised at all about that match, as the manager played a very serious game and for sure his tactics were quite better than mine.

Q. Gunner once complimented you to be ‘Gentleman’, as far as I know you are 21 year old, how is it possible for you to be so ‘Gentlemen’ ?

Shengli : Wow, it's the first time I read about this, but it's always pleasant to read a compliment like that from such a great manager =) I'm 21, yes, but I always try to treat everybody in a respectful and polite way. That's my motto in real life and also here, I think these are the basics to deal with everybody.

Q. In your long journey as @ what were the interesting and tough situations you faced on SM?

Shengli : Being @ is not easy. As all of you know, you are always on the spot, and your actions have to be the fairest ones without taking into account anything else. For me, the most interesting thing were the @ tools, I couldn’t ever have guessed that @’s had such a huge weaponry to deal with. Probably the toughest situation I lived was what happened with @Fermín.

Q. Your team was dream team for many once and of course even now, how long can we expect it to threaten us more? (means how long are u planning to play more? )

Shengli : I will play to SM as long as I have the same feelings as the first time I played it. That curiosity about how your players will improve the next day, or the mistery of how will your team perform at the next match. Currently I don't think I have a lifespan here yet, hopefully I will still be a long time among you guys

Q. I have heard that the winger you loaned out scored 3 goals against you which resulted in your non promotion to division 1…. Is it true? If it is true how did u feel then?

Shengli : I don't know if that's true because I missed the last part of the season, I went on a trip and couldn't come online here... but I'm sure that any other player could have scored these goals, that's not very relevant at all for me.

Q. This is my general observation from the words of different users and @’s which I kept to myself but would like to ask you. I think there was a difference among @’s regarding selection of new fiscals and mods… am I right?

Shengli : Well, every manager has always his own opinion about the possible candidates for mods and fiscals, and this wasn't an exception. Anyway, in the end it has been proved that the people who was chosen was the proper one.

Q. I have tried to gather info to ask you some questions but no one was able to provide proper info, why is it every one knows so little about u?

Shengli : Mmm, I don't use to be in the chat quite often, so for sure that's the main reason. Anyway I use to be in touch with old users from spanish SM, maybe you should have asked them

Q. Whom do u want to win div 1.? (Non Spanish please )

Shengli : Ahh, you got me here! You don't let me choose any spaniard, so my vote goes to Reb

Q. Whom do u rate as best among current @’s?

Shengli : Another difficult question... All of them do a great work, I couldn't choose one among all them.

Q. Last question from my end, what is your bank n cash balance on sm?

Shengli : Well, I can't complain, I'm living some good economic times I will say that the amount has 10 numbers.

Q. Anything u want to add before ending this interview?

Shengli : I would like to thank you for the interview, was a pleasure to answer all your questions. Also apologize for being so late at answer (busy man, you know =P), and my best wishes to all the active users like you who keep this game alive
See you soon! Shen.

I kept his words without editing so that u can know about him better
Thanks for reading, your feedback is much welcome

Edit : Shengli answered this one today so i am posting it here, sorry for the inconvenience caused

Q. When ever we remind uru of his cheating n removal as @, he says 'Shengli said 'U did a good job as @ uru' what do u have to say in this regard

Uru was the first non-spanish @, and the experience of having him in the crew was really positive. That proved that @ team needed a better communication with the rest of users, and for that reason native english speaking managers were necessary.
Everybody may commit mistakes, it was a pity that he couldn't continue in the @ team.

Edited by vijji 14-04-2012 11:40

Edited by vijji 14-04-2012 11:40
12/04/2012 20:44
  - Div/Gr
Username
2768 msgs.
Best scorer
Question he is yet to answer is

Q. When ever we remind uru of his cheating n removal as @, he says 'Shengli said 'U did a good job as @ uru' what do u have to say in this regard

12/04/2012 20:48
  - Div/Gr
Username
4820 msgs.
Best scorer
Yet again a master piece.. Leave ca and become a journalist.. 13/04/2012 03:43
  - Div/Gr
Username
1072 msgs.
International
Lets all declare our love for shengli and gratitude to vijji 13/04/2012 04:03
  - Div/Gr
3547 msgs.
Best scorer
This is great stuff, and Viji ??? 13/04/2012 04:27
  - Div/Gr
Username
2768 msgs.
Best scorer
@bluegene said:
Yet again a master piece.. Leave ca and become a journalist..

I have to do a course even for that ....
13/04/2012 07:19
  - Div/Gr
Username
2768 msgs.
Best scorer
Thank you all and uru it's VIJJI 13/04/2012 07:19
  - Div/Gr
Username
3363 msgs.
Best scorer
Great read! Nice questions vijji 13/04/2012 08:23
  - Div/Gr
Username
2149 msgs.
Best scorer
a very well thought out interview with some insightful q's. For those of who have had no interaction with Shengli... it is a good introduction. 13/04/2012 08:29
  - Div/Gr
Username
908 msgs.
MVP of the game
gr8 interview man .
13/04/2012 09:04
  - Div/Gr

Go to page 1, 2