Go to page 1, 2, 3
  Forum » Off-topic » Interview - @Grantis Date
Username
2768 msgs.
Best scorer
I got our new devil @ grantis this time, i had to take the risk of being banned to get his interview, I thank him for sparing time n hate him for locking my thread once

uff enough of talk here let's get into the matter

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> Let’s get it started

<@grantis45> why are my palms sweating..?

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> @grantis how u feeling being interviewed....

<@grantis45> Nervous, you might ask me all sorts of difficult questions, I've seen what happened with some other @'s

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> hehe i never really troubled any till now but will try to get on ur nerves

<@grantis45> Why change the habit of a lifetime

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> well we do share a spl bond don't we?

<@grantis45> I have no idea what you're alluding to, unless you mean my little rant in one thread one day

( <ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> n before going further let me know ur fav song so that we can play it n talk

<@grantis45> System of a down - chop suey )

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> one day? u people got me nervous i even asked @gunner for a forum ban so that i cannot post

<@grantis45> I must admit I may have been a touch overly tetchy that day
You are talking about the best manager vote aren't you? I wasn’t even an @ then

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> ok let's not get into the history for now

<@grantis45> fair enough

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> then when u become @, many said 'Ahh that ***** is @ now!!!' u seem to have quite bad reputation along with positive ?

<@grantis45> people may have said that, but I'm old enough and ugly enough to ignore what people think. However I was as surprised as anyone when @rand asked me to help.
Many @'s have been rather loud on the forums before being offered the job

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> could u explain ur last sentence ?

<@grantis45> @Reb, @cellog, @gunner were all rather vocal about their unhappiness at dev decisions before becoming @'s
I notice that @rand answered one of your forum rants the other day

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> i did not rant i wanted to warn them of potential damage to Brand UPLAY

<@grantis45> which is why we all shouted on the forum at some point, we love the game and don't want to see it damaged

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> means u were not expecting to be asked to serve as @?

<@grantis45> No I wasn't expecting it at all, in fact @rands mail said "I expect you'll be quite surprised to hear this offer

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> To be frank i was u nearly answered every single post

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> i made a point in that famous manager voting thing if u remember, 'Why do u ans every post when there are faq for them?'

<@grantis45> true, but newbs don't read the FAQ's first off, I like to help a bit and then point them in the right direction

<@grantis45> I feel it puts people off if the first call for help is answered with "Read the damn FAQs" and we need new players to keep the game a viable concern

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> hmm but i can show u 2 or 3 threads which u have ans after i did, to be frank i thought u were a 10 year old kid at that time

<@grantis45> lol, I can tell this will be a tough interview, don't forget I might have pressed reply at the same time as you, but spent a while before answering

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> naah u used to ans 20 min after me r so

<@grantis45> Maybe I wasn't happy with your answer

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> yeah yeah

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> n u r one of the one of the 40+ managers in the game
what do u find interesting in this game? Means it does take a lot of time to get going in this game, how do u spare ur time

<@grantis45> I'm 41, I enjoy trying out new things/beating other minds in a game about a sport I enjoy watching. It's all in the challenge for me.
I do some at work, lunch time's some at home while the wife is watching cookery shows etc

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> yeah those boring shows even mom used to watch them /_-

<@grantis45> She's happy as I'm not fighting for the TV and I'm happy because I get to work out how to beat Uruguay and @cello
When I first started I never thought I'd be trying to out tactic the best players in the game

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> apart from ur forum work / occasional ungentle behaviour, u r hailed to be one of tactical genius in Ninjas, u comments on this...

<@grantis45> Haha, that I'm not. @soli was the first to work out the offside trap. Others within ninjas have come up with other parts of tactics. I've just been taking things and putting them together slightly differently.
It took me until last season to work out why my formation works. At the moment Kasul is the one to beat

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> what would be ur tips to other for improving their formations except watching others play?

<@grantis45> Honestly, I don't watch others play that much. So my answer to that would be to create a theme.

<@grantis45> everyone needs a theme and stick to it. for example Uruguay has his very old, high skill players
Mine is based around speed. keep it simple on the advanced tactic page
<@grantis45> Buy players that no one else really wants and try to find a way to make them play to their strengths, I think I'm one of the few still using LB/RB

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> so u say rely on ur core strength always?

<@grantis45> I'm saying that there are a lot of positions that are cheap to buy, simply because no one knows how to play them
Buy players that no one else really wants and try to find a way to make them play to their strengths
For example there's a massive love of CF's, why?
<@grantis45> Since @Dns put up the "training table" in the forums everyone can create whatever type of player they want
Wing backs are buildable if you have the time and the wish, LB and RB need technique though

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> ok leaving this serious issue of what managers need to play let's talk of classic Ninja vs Pirate rivalry

<@grantis45> Is there a rivalry?
At the time that Ninja's were created, the Pirates needed us to exist

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> i do think u guys just fight for forum but many consider there is a rivalry
needed u to exist...!!! how is that?

<@grantis45> There is a rivalry in so far as we all want the best league, but we don't send each other dog *** in the post or anything

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> ok i got to censor ur talk mr.grantis where is the knife

<@grantis45> They needed us to exist, because there's no point in being a top PL if there are no other PL's.
What's the point in being first in a field of 1

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> so u agree pirates are top of non-Spanish world?

<@grantis45> No I'm saying they were top when they were the only one's. They're probably like 4th now

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> oh who is 1st now? do not include ninjas

<@grantis45> If I'm not including ninja's then I'd have to say Uruguay's PL is probably first now. It's strange how Uru's league has a name but everyone calls it Uruguay's league
It's like it doesn't matter about any of the participants

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> yeah i remember it as only money matters league

<@grantis45> I suppose I keep forgetting the Mercs as well, everyone forgets the Mercs

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> now let's talk of ur famous CLOSE THE SUGGESTIONS FORUM thingy

<@grantis45> I knew this was coming.
I understand that I upset quite a few people that day. But some things needed to be done for the good of the game

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> did u feel 'Ahh i did it in haste should have not done it' after the back fire from some managers who even recruited people from Spanish version to have back up

<@grantis45> No I stand by what I did and didn't do it alone.

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> did dev's take it nice?

<@grantis45> Devs took it better than expected, I thought I'd be deleted by the morning, but there were bugs that were ruining the whole game for everyone and needed to be addressed

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> i mean on the immortals forum

<@grantis45> The other @'s all backed us.
At least new players are now getting income from home games and in reality all I did was close 8 threads and write a bit of news
The communication from devs is a lot better now

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> yeah but they did goof up an update even after that

<@grantis45> true. I didn't say it was perfect. I think U-play just need a little more work on their own internal communication to get things running smoother.
At least no-one's complaining about the offside trap anymore

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> yup the last updates showed lack of experience in corporate world

<@grantis45> I think they are genuinely trying to improve how they communicate with customers.

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> agreed

<@grantis45> If you look at many internet games they have similar problems
You have internet staff based probably at home (guessing here) communication is the key

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> n what were the things u expected me to ask today

<@grantis45> Hey you're not supposed to get me to write my own questions

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> haha but i can always get u to open up like this
oh then let me shoot an unexpected one,

<@grantis45> ok, shoot.

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> hmm u r from England right?
<@grantis45> That's correct

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> i think u can guess this question from me if u try hard
DO u watch Cricket? Hehe

<@grantis45> I do when England are winning
<@grantis45> So not for a little while

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> so u mean u only watch home games of England or once a while like in Ashes last year

<@grantis45> I tend to only watch home games, when we play over in India/Pakistan it's on too late at night.

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> in India or pak it's not late in night.... it
it's early in morning

<@grantis45> So the good thing is, I get to watch England win without having to watch the losses. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it vijji.

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> yeah yeah u guys just win at home

<@grantis45> We won the Ashes in Australia
I must admit I watched that

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> huh after how many years?

<@grantis45> Is this going to turn into a cricket argument, I believe we recently knocked India off the top test side rankings
<@grantis45> We just can't play spin bowling

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> after that u got white washed in ODI's in India
n then which game do u prefer to watch football or Cricket ?

<@grantis45> Football is best live, I prefer cricket on telly
Hate football on telly, there's no passion

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> n who's ur fav player? in both games?

<@grantis45> Remember I'm quite old, so football - Peter Shilton, Cricket - Ian botham

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> Ian botham??!!! aah that guy must have retired before i born

<@grantis45> I remember watching him hit a century against India in one morning session

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> yeah i remember yuvi smacking broad for 6 sixes
n which is ur fav football club?

<@grantis45> I'm a Nottingham Forest supporter. Have been since I was 7
Cloughie played the game like it was meant to be played

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> do u want a derby county in PL
<@grantis45> I suppose one of the lot might do it for a laugh after beating me. But not permanently, that would be too stressful, I'd have to start using my first team on 100% effort in the PL

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> n who is ur rival in this game, i mean team u would hate to not smash

<@grantis45> I have a few rivals who I always play extremely seriously against. XOXO and @soli, simply because they've won the league
And of course there's my nemesis - Uruguay

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> why uru?

<@grantis45> I'm probably the only one old enough to watch hill street blues

<@grantis45> Uruguay because I think he has a good team(not as good as mine of course) and good tactical play.
Probably next season my nemisis will be @reb or culea if I can get into div 1, It's all about playing those teams that can beat you
that's where the fun of this game lies

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> n anything u want to add?

<@grantis45> To close all I'd like to say is "Be careful out there"

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> finish in ur style

<@grantis45> ok,.............. you can have a 72 hour ban vijji

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> oh i would love it after showing u this video England smacked out of T20 world cup 2007

( and he bans me for real…. Damn u grantis )

Hope u enjoyed it n please leave your feedback
16/05/2012 18:10
  - Div/Gr
3547 msgs.
Best scorer
What is "nemesis " means !?
Not in my dictionary
16/05/2012 18:21
  - Div/Gr
3168 msgs.
Best scorer
vijji said:

<@grantis45> System of a down - chop suey

<@grantis45> They needed us to exist, because there's no point in being a top PL if there are no other PL's.
What's the point in being first in a field of 1

<@grantis45> If I'm not including ninja's then I'd have to say Uruguay's PL is probably first now. It's strange how Uru's league has a name but everyone calls it Uruguay's league
It's like it doesn't matter about any of the participants

I like these ones.

Edited by @Dnsvnsk 16-05-2012 18:28
16/05/2012 18:28
  - Div/Gr
Username
3363 msgs.
Best scorer
great interview, fun to read, love the gibes!

Oh, and Pirates still kick ninja @ss officially until the PL tournament re-match says otherwise.

What Uruguay league?

Edited by @GunnerNic 16-05-2012 21:49
16/05/2012 21:48
  - Div/Gr
Username
6256 msgs.
Golden Ball
Good one vijji. Well edited(however I'm sure that some bits were a lot longer) and yes I did really ban him at the end.

Edited by @grantis45 16-05-2012 22:19
16/05/2012 22:16
  - Div/Gr
Username
2768 msgs.
Best scorer
@grantis45 said:
Good one vijji. Well edited(however I'm sure that some bits were a lot longer) and yes I did really ban him at the end.

Edited by @grantis45 16-05-2012 22:19

I guess those 6 hits were too much to handle for u

n yup i do edit all interviews n remove some parts to make it crispy

Edited by vijji 17-05-2012 04:41
17/05/2012 04:35
  - Div/Gr
Username
2737 msgs.
Best scorer
great read. Good job vijji, and great answers from grantis 17/05/2012 05:35
  - Div/Gr
Username
5569 msgs.
Golden Ball

<@grantis45> No I'm saying they were top when they were the only one's. They're probably like 4th now

This was the first time I'd laughed in 3 days. For real. Thanks for that one.
17/05/2012 06:21
  - Div/Gr
3547 msgs.
Best scorer
3 days !?
It was just published this morning !
17/05/2012 06:26
  - Div/Gr
2608 msgs.
Best scorer
Uruguay1950 said:
3 days !?