Forum » General » 10 Tips for Div. 6 and 7 Managers Date
Was this a helpful guide?
Yes
No
Uru is a troll
Username
1368 msgs.
International
I know there's quite a few managers down in divisions 6 and 7 who are struggling right now to advance in the game. Here are 10 tips to help you advance further and faster

1. Do not waste money on any staff member who is not a junior or senior coach- be on the constant lookout for an improved coach. All other positions become important as you advance, but for now you can ignore them- just hire the cheapest worker available.

2. Build a low school in China, and two excellent schools- one in Uruguay and the second in a cheap country such as New Zealand or Ireland. With the Chinese school you will get players very frequently, but the will not be of high caliber. Promote these players and sell them off for a quick profit, or if you find one who has an average of around 30-35 (pretty high for a junior) promote him to your senior squad- yes, this player will see his Forecast/Progression reduced, but he was most likely pretty poor in both of those categories and he will strengthen your team to help you achieve promotion. With your schools in Uruguay and your second country, you will do the same thing than with the Chinese school- with the exception that if you get a high-progression player (60% minimum) you will either use this player to start a solid youth squad that you will train in order to later promote these players, or sell these high-progression players for a higher-than-normal profit.

3. Upgrade your stadium. Your stadium is the key to success in SM as it is your main fountain of revenue. Save your money and spend it here.

4. Join a Private League. This will help increase your profit by playing weekend games. If possible join an active league with managers in your same position who interact with each other and share tips/tactics/laughs. This is one of the best parts of SM- finding an enjoyable group of managers will make your experience much more enjoyable.

5. Set up an advanced formation and tactics. It is impossible to advance too far in this game using the basic formations and tactics. Play around with different formations, different ways to use each player to find the right combination. Look at your games to see what is going wrong and watch some matches from Division One to see how the game should be played. (More info on this in the FAQs)

6. Train one position at a time (especially for your juniors) in order to maximize the training received each player. (More info on this in the FAQs)

7. Read the FAQs section as it contains great information for all managers from how to train your players to setting up your tactics.

8. Don't be afraid to go to the forums and ask for help. There's a lot of great managers who love to help. Ask around and you will find the answers to your questions very easily. Quick info- Yes, Uru trolls about 90% of the time.

9. Once you are out of the Striker Cup, set up friendlies on Tuesdays and Thursday for an extra source of income. Play these matches either in BETA mode-in which no energy is wasted (for more info look the forum and the FAQs)- or play low-effort to save stamina for your more important league and private league matches. This is where upgrading your stadium comes in handy!

10. Get out of divisions 6 and 7 as fast as you can, but don't despair if things don't go your way from the start. Divisions 1-4 are all full of managers and are very competitive. Division 5 is mostly managers, but there are some system bots. You have plenty to look forward to, best of luck!

29/07/2012 08:22
  - Div/Gr
Username
5633 msgs.
Golden Ball
Excellent. 29/07/2012 08:38
  - Div/Gr
Username
9897 msgs.
Golden Ball
Nice work. 29/07/2012 14:24
  - Div/Gr
Username
5205 msgs.
Golden Ball
Good guide. I would add that having a 95+ coach is a huge asset because teams will be willing to loan incredible players to you for the season.

Also, your first priority has to be promotion and/or avoiding relegation. This get good tactics/formation first, and good first team players next, then work on stadium BEFORE getting schools. Your largest source of income will come from a home game at first, and you get more the more you win games. Income doubles as you promote to higher divisions.

I would not get a school until you install your first set of pro seats, but that is just how I did it. I used the scout to find excellent juniors and either trained them or sold them. This still works well, but requires golden balls or patience to check training of juniors you sign.
29/07/2012 18:26
  - Div/Gr
Username
2768 msgs.
Best scorer
umm, before reading anything i just pressed uru is a troll n voted for it
sorry it was too tempting, will now read n say how it is

Edit

After reading it i suggest to delete that para about school, school are long term prospect, no doubt China or Kiwi schools pay back quick, they hardly give out 60+ prog players and more over schools are a gamble, do not go for them until u have proper revenue source in form of good stadium to build ur team.

Next while focusing on single position junior training, i would advise to take up 70 - 80 prog players n train them, it's good to have 80+ progression juniors but they are too costly for a starter, at 70 prog defender / forward goes for 1million or so on auction which is affordable for teams in their initial 1 r 2 seasons.

Edited by vijji 29-07-2012 18:38
29/07/2012 18:29
  - Div/Gr
Username
1368 msgs.
International
@CelloG said:
Good guide. I would add that having a 95+ coach is a huge asset because teams will be willing to loan incredible players to you for the season.

Also, your first priority has to be promotion and/or avoiding relegation. This get good tactics/formation first, and good first team players next, then work on stadium BEFORE getting schools. Your largest source of income will come from a home game at first, and you get more the more you win games. Income doubles as you promote to higher divisions.

I would not get a school until you install your first set of pro seats, but that is just how I did it. I used the scout to find excellent juniors and either trained them or sold them. This still works well, but requires golden balls or patience to check training of juniors you sign.

You're an @ for a reason. I overlooked how much of an impact the coach could have in the case of bringing in top players on loan. I didn't talk so much about getting great first team players as I thought that managers would find it fairly easy to get out of these division with just some good tactics, but income really does almost double from division to division. I also mentioned the schools because they're cheap investments that can pay off in the long run.
29/07/2012 23:37
  - Div/Gr
3547 msgs.
Best scorer
I have 1 Tip
Cheat or Quit ^_^
29/07/2012 23:40
  - Div/Gr
Fiscal
2159 msgs.
Best scorer
Uruguay1950 said:
I have 1 Tip
Cheat or Quit ^_^

Well since you're still around..............
30/07/2012 00:09
  The Saints - Div3/Gr4
Username
21338 msgs.
Golden Ball
Tips number 11:become a troll,i think that what make uru what he is today 30/07/2012 02:49
  🦊3773™ - Div3/Gr6
Username
2704 msgs.
Best scorer
Excellent tips

Do they even read this?
30/07/2012 09:54
  - Div/Gr

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4