Need to improve
Bad
Username
2768 msgs.
Best scorer
Hope you will enjoy it, it's long so needed to post in two parts

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> How is division one?

<@CelloG> surprisingly close,
2nd has 32 points, 13th 26, it's anyone's game right now as to who will stay up and who will relegate, I played 1st yesterday, I play 2nd tomorrow, so it's going to be close for me in this first half season, but my squad has performed much better than I ever dreamed so far

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> banana is dominating the league with a 9 point lead which is massive for div 1….

<@CelloG> his defence is very good, which makes it very hard to get off a shot, and his RF/LF are killers
my season has swung from 20th place to 4th place, so it's been very turbulent, and most teams have experienced that. For most of the season culeatopee was stuck in relegation, the last update changed that, suddenly offside trap is effective again

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> isn't a great achievement to be in division one when u just started a year n 2 months back, much latter than most of teams in div 1?

<@CelloG> I'm as surprised as anyone to be out of relegation. , I barely promoted, 1 point difference between me and Uruguay which was decided by a single draw last season

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> what made it happen? Tactics? Or out witting your opposition?

<@CelloG> I figured out some sweet spot with my formation and my squad. I lost the first 2 games handily, and made a minor adjustment to my wing defence, suddenly, I started drawing against far better squads and winning against others.

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> u mean defence against wingers?

<@CelloG> defense against the ball traveling up the wings, yes. the second half of the season may be different

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> well there is a notion that CF's rule the higher level of game and you are talking of wingers

<@CelloG> tactics rule the higher level of the game, if you understand the bizarre quirks of the simulator, you can win against much "better" squads than yours. Both in terms of what kinds of positions you use and how to use them on the field
I want to also thank Mario van der Vaart, @rebsiot, and hollborn for loaning me 3 superb RDFs this season

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> hmm talking of tactics, we all have some base on which we make formations n tactics, what is your strategy here?

<@CelloG> my formation is a combination of ideas from friends in my private league, Infamous 14, and my friends from the game, this is a public interview right? if they read it, they can see how much difference those RDFs have made. with an 87, 83 and 76 average RDF, it makes defending a lot simpler. So if you want to have a good formation, the best thing you can do is make friends
<@CelloG> join a private league with active managers, talk to each other.

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> hahaha yeah but I say the formations we make normally represent us as a person, what do u say? ,

<@CelloG> I say the actions you take towards other people both when the computer is on and when it is off defines us as a person
in division 1, we see a range of strategies. Overwhelming force through player quality (high average players) is one strategy, careful placement of players defensively to mark the opponent's forwards, and to avoid opponent's defenders is another

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> well what I mean is, the formations we make, some people make simple formations where players play with in a defined role, other make it clumsy and do all things a player can do on field.

<@CelloG> I have found success by using players in multiple roles, thus I use midfielders as strikers and mids, as defenders and mids, and defenders as both mids and defenders, this allows creating the illusion of more than 11 players on the pitch if done well. I like to find the unexpected strengths of players, positioning them, and surprising opponents

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> yup, my point is if u made that kind of formation on ur own, u must be a person who can think through things or like that. That’s what i say 'formations represent how we think'

<@CelloG> I do think through things very carefully much of the time

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> that proves my point then going a bit off the serious tactics issue…
You are the only @ left out without an interview from the first set of @’s who came with the new simulator, were you wondering ‘Why the hell is this noob not coming to me?

<@CelloG> not really, I don't crave the spotlight perhaps in that way, I prefer the spotlight of "why the hell is that squad winning in div.1?!"

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> The other persons except for blue who got that @ curse along with u are into their 40’s, did your age play a vital role in getting that @ tag back then?

<@CelloG> I am not yet in my 40s, but I am married with a child, and the sense of stability and maturity this implies did play a role, yes. more important was the activity on the forum and some of the specific posts I wrote

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> What do our @Cello do in real life? What kind of person is he outside SM? mind telling us your original name?

<@CelloG> I do mind telling my name, only because very rarely we receive death threats from angry users who are fined, and I don't want to give a hot head any vector to act on that
I am pretty much the same outside of SM, serious, but silly a lot of the time. I try to excel in everything that I do but my family comes first

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> so you do accept you are serious?

<@CelloG> I am more serious in my persona on striker manager only because I take the role of @ very seriously. Before the first non-Spanish players were made @, at times there was anarchy here and it is very easy, shockingly easy it seems
for users to assume corruption on the part of @. we have to word everything very deliberately, even jokes
But I take real joy in defusing a dangerous situation with a well-worded forum post. Actually, I am really happy with the current crop of (active) @s here
I am not on the Brazil server, but from what I hear there, corruption is actually a problem there

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> yeah @'s are corrupt i am not @ can talk all trash i want to . the thing is we all have our view points
so i would not mind actually people saying some @'s are bad ( actually some are )

<@CelloG> not here. One of the reasons I became @ was because of a crisis with an existing @ who threw a game. rebsiot, gunnernic, and I were very vocal on that corruption.

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> yup (dns will cry now )

<@CelloG> dns is awesome; by the way, I had no idea back then. Very conscientious as a fiscal, and he has really learned (and publicly says so) from that mistake

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> yup, I know. He is like my first encounter with @

<@CelloG> all of us have made some mistakes, if you look at history, rebsiot, gunnernic, and I have all been fined for financial transactions. Since becoming a fiscal, we have instituted some systems that have made a real difference

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> could you let us know what those changes are?

<@CelloG> every major buy or sell by a fiscal is posted on the moderator’s forum and cleared by all of us. when we clear a buy or sell by another manager, we post it there so it won't be fined
we posted threads for organizing bug reports in the sim and in the mobile site. we no longer track bugs in the full site/sim because they are so rarely fixed
but the mobile developer is fantastic, so that thread is very active, @newbie

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> but even recently some were fined / retained after getting clearance from @

<@CelloG> yes, there is VERY active debate about cases that are on the edge
recently there have been lots of troubles with teams leaving the game, the cases you are referring to were confusions regarding those rules
<@CelloG> we also actively discuss the simulator, that's the most, shall we say, vitriolic subject on the mod forum

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> yeah n sometimes gossip, troll, fight and curse devs

<@CelloG> other changes that have been made is we have quite literally forced the devs to post an update BEFORE a change is made to the game that will affect user's games
cursing of devs is a daily occurence , occasionally we thank them too

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> and about the 'inactive' @'s what do you say about them?

<@CelloG> You may have noticed that there are a few less @. You'll also notice 2 more probably tomorrow.

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> hahaha
Then, I heard Mr.Reb the pinky pirate suggested you to form a PL yourself as you are strong enough, and that PL is the i14 now…..

<@CelloG> yeah I had been asked by solirocket to join ninjas because my squad was just above 50 average
reb told me I should form my own league instead and suggested how to create a mystique out of thin air, it worked, and i14 has been as great as he told me it would be. I would be nowhere near div. 1 without i14

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> it seems u share some spl relation with reby like many in this game?

<@CelloG> reb is a mensch, he reached out to me when I was a very new manager after I posted about a bug that might have been a security vulnerability and we have been fast friends ever since

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> . Some say there is no unity among Mercs earlier and that comment is dying a slow death as per me, what do you say?

<@CelloG> no unity? that's hilarious , incidentally, culeatopee just agreed to join mercs next season, I think we're doing just fine
and very active, our daily news thread currently has 56 pages of posts, and we're not even halfway through the season

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> yup even one member of urs was like 'what shall i do when our pl mates do not cheer' or so
culea? u sure u can handle his spanglish?

<@CelloG> yeah he's a fun guy, i14 is very supportive of each other

<ⱴỈᶘᶘỈ> not talking of now, some 2 seasons back … when one of ur member said that to me.

<@CelloG> well that may be true, but we haven't had much turnover, so I think that speaks for itself
and this is the first I've heard of whinging about supporting each other, so I don't think it is a common or a big problem, we are very supportive though, there is an offsite mailing list where we discuss tactics and formations in detail
12/08/2012 20:29
  - Div/Gr
Username
4257 msgs.
Best scorer
Great interview 12/08/2012 21:04
  - Div/Gr
3168 msgs.
Best scorer
I liked it, waiting for the 2nd part 12/08/2012 22:50
  - Div/Gr
Username
1690 msgs.
International
nice Vijji ... keep it up !! 12/08/2012 22:54
  - Div/Gr
Username
21283 msgs.
Golden Ball
Hmmm,nice interview,its good,am most of the time a mobile user,and happy to here that @newbie is always with us,thanks very much 13/08/2012 02:32
  🦊3773™ - Div3/Gr6
Username
4820 msgs.
Best scorer
Just like cello's post, the interview is also really long..
Cello is a firm believer of bigger the better

Edited by @bluegene 13-08-2012 02:51
13/08/2012 02:50
  - Div/Gr
Username
5633 msgs.
Golden Ball
Nice interview vijji, well done 13/08/2012 03:21
  - Div/Gr
Username
2737 msgs.
Best scorer
good read, well done.

@bluegene said:
Cello is a firm believer of bigger the better

LOL
13/08/2012 03:29
  - Div/Gr
Username
5569 msgs.
Golden Ball

Mensch. Thanks for the very high complement!

13/08/2012 03:54
  - Div/Gr
Username
5633 msgs.
Golden Ball
Cellog use words good. 13/08/2012 04:14
  - Div/Gr

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4