Go to page 1, 2
  Forum » Suggestions » Loan Process Suggestions Date
Username
704 msgs.
MVP of the game
Three things I would like regarding Loan Process specially for junior team.

1. There should be Type specific Loan i.e. 50%, 75% or 100% motivation. Once type is selected at the start, manager taking loan will never be able to train that player below motivation level.

2. Managers giving loan be able to Rate the other managers at the end of the season that how well they treat their players. e.g. Giving 5 stars or 1 stars. So that's how managers will have a calculated reputation.

3. There should be no div level boundary lines while giving loan. If its not possible then may be one level restriction should be applied i.e. div 5 can give loan to div 4 etc...

So managers with less contacts in this game would be able to give loan with less worry as they can see the other managers reputation and loan type is specified.

Thanks.
12/11/2012 19:10
  - Div/Gr
Username
3756 msgs.
Best scorer
I completely disagree with the suggestion.

The manager who is taking a player on loan is doing it as a favor to you. Forcing him to train a player at fixed motivation only adds to his problems since he has his own players to train. If you are training CFs would you play loaned players at 100% motivation forsaking your own players? The manager to whome you loan out players need to have a clear understanding on how the player is gonna be trained.

How is the rating system gonna affect already well established managers. I dont need to take players on loan so that some manager can rate me. Earning that reputation in the game depends on how you play the game and how you deal with other managers.

If there are no div level boundaries I might as well loan out a 80+ player to a Div 6 team who is ready to spend Gbs on his staff at make them 99. It gives that manager a bit of advantage over other teams in his grp/div. Is that justified?

No one really started the game with real life friends. Its over time we interacted with different managers and later got good deals.
12/11/2012 19:33
  - Div/Gr
Fiscal
6832 msgs.
Golden Ball
I agree with luci he explained why the options would be a bad idea perfectly,

Don't be to disheartened by the negative feedback, keep posting if you have any ideas
12/11/2012 19:44
  Steel City - Div4/Gr27
Username
704 msgs.
MVP of the game
May be its not suitable suggestion for already established managers but managers with little experience and having less div level contact are worry about giving loan when it comes to training a junior player or having two way loan deal.

I loaned some players last season with less understanding to other managers and they just go waste at the end of the day.

What if someone tell you to train forward for whole season and you give your 80 prog CF to him and then he change his plan after taking loan? And what if your good friends whom you can trust are in a div a bit higher than you?
12/11/2012 19:52
  - Div/Gr
Username
3756 msgs.
Best scorer
When the player you have loaned isnt trained by some manager, you will learn to be more careful while loaning out your players next time. We all have been through it atleast once in our SM life.

Thats the exact reason I check with others managers first and try to find out more about the manager to whome I will loan out my players. If i get back a negative feedback I dont loan the player out, its as simple as that.
13/11/2012 02:24
  - Div/Gr
Username
412 msgs.
First-team player
ahaq said:
1. There should be Type specific Loan i.e. 50%, 75% or 100% motivation. Once type is selected at the start, manager taking loan will never be able to train that player below motivation level.

This too unrealistic. Crap happens during the season in and out of a managers control. I don't think anyone would want this. However, it would be nice when putting a player out of loan that you could designate at what level you find acceptable to be trained out. Realistically this is just negotiated between managers so probably a waste of developer time.

ahaq said:
2. Managers giving loan be able to Rate the other managers at the end of the season that how well they treat their players. e.g. Giving 5 stars or 1 stars. So that's how managers will have a calculated reputation.

I think this should be added. You can only rate if your player was loaned to the person.

ahaq said:
3. There should be no div level boundary lines while giving loan. If its not possible then may be one level restriction should be applied i.e. div 5 can give loan to div 4 etc...

The boundary rules are well intended but probably currently too restrictive. Especially for Div 1 and Div 2 managers who have a very limited pool of people they can take loans from. I would suggest that junior loans be allowed regardless of division (since they can't help a team win in the season of the loan). Loaning senior players probably need current restrictions.

13/11/2012 05:42
  - Div/Gr
Username
412 msgs.
First-team player
@lucifercave said:
The manager who is taking a player on loan is doing it as a favor to you. Forcing him to train a player at fixed motivation only adds to his problems since he has his own players to train. If you are training CFs would you play loaned players at 100% motivation forsaking your own players? The manager to whome you loan out players need to have a clear understanding on how the player is gonna be trained.

Agreed.

@lucifercave said:
How is the rating system gonna affect already well established managers. I dont need to take players on loan so that some manager can rate me. Earning that reputation in the game depends on how you play the game and how you deal with other managers.

They start with the same reputation and have to earn it. If they have existing "street cred" they don't lose it with such a system going in. I think that this kind of thing would nice to have. The justification of protecting the old guard is weak at best. Great managers that have reputations wont be affected, but the idiots currently abusing the system will be. I think that is the intention.

@lucifercave said:
If there are no div level boundaries I might as well loan out a 80+ player to a Div 6 team who is ready to spend Gbs on his staff at make them 99. It gives that manager a bit of advantage over other teams in his grp/div. Is that justified?

Only limit senior players (to prevent what you are stating here). Junior players make unlimited division boundary wise. Part of me says if a player has a great coach why should we care if they get 80+ player loans? Seems like real life to me.

Edited by dneighbors 13-11-2012 05:48
13/11/2012 05:47
  - Div/Gr
Username
454 msgs.
First-team player
i think we can talk and talk about the loan system.. what i've learned is that the best way is to move with the system instead of suggestions on this one.. people treat ur loans badly, as luci said everyone has that atleast once! its a good practice to have it early on i had a crappy CF last season who was hardly trained, i'm selling him this season, i learned the lesson wen i was in 5th div, now if i had learned this lesson when i was in a higher div and that player was 85 or 90 prog, that would have hurt... lol we shall know how to overcome this, as luci said, check thoroughly about the player before loaning him out.. and junior loans especially are favour!!! i have taken the 3rd jnr loan jst last week wen the loan market was bout to close and half the season is already over and the guy loaning me has agreed with me on jst 50% motivation over that player! shows u how much of a favor it is for some, who fail to find goood ones... last season, i trained juniors for nothing.. and this season, those guys have taken my players on loan in appreciation of my favor.. i have some guys out on loan for nothing in return, jst for either frndship or return deal that i've fixed with someone else! lol its more about coping with this loan system i feeel.. alot can be changed yes, but alot can still be done with this one too 15/11/2012 18:45
  - Div/Gr
603 msgs.
MVP of the game
@lucifercave said:
The manager who is taking a player on loan is doing it as a favor to you.

Not always.
for eg. i am training @reb's 80 avg dfm and by giving a player of such enormous quality to me on loan, rather than me doing the favor in training one of his players, its actually opposite i.e he is doing a favor by giving me an awesome player who will help me in my div matches. And hence even if the player is trained giving more preference over our own player, even sometimes forsaking our player, its no big surprise as the trust showed by them certainly weighs more. its my view kkk.
In junior players it is true but in seniors, most of the cases the loans help the trainer more than the lender.
Agree with everything else luci said.. lol

Edited by lumiere 09-01-2013 20:41
09/01/2013 20:38
  - Div/Gr
413 msgs.
First-team player
ahaq said:

This is an attractive suggestion. But it would create problems in practice, as others have said. For instance, what if a senior squad loan is injured? Then you're stuck with an injured player in your starting 11.

This is also attractive, but only useful for lazy managers. Right now, you can get better information by just glancing at the manager's transfer history. If a borrowed player improved significantly, loan. If not, don't.

I think this is a solid suggestion, and I think others' objections here are flimsy. Take a 65+ loan to a division 5 senior squad, for instance. For the rival teams in that division 5 group, the functional difference between a 65 average loaned player and an 80 average loaned player is essentially nil. Both are so significantly above the division 5 average that rival teams will struggle to compete either way. Also, since conscientious managers will only train one position per squad per season, the lopsided averages will usually only show up in one portion of the field -- forward, midfield, backfield, or keeper. So it's not like most trainers would get uniform advantages throughout their squads.

Second, high quality loans are the result of managers' efforts to be good trainers, trustworthy partners, and good relationship-builders. The better a manager is at those things, the greater the loan rewards. That's fair, and I don't see anything wrong with it. I think those qualities should be encouraged in the game.

Finally, this will help with the very real problem someone else here spoke of -- the difficulty of finding good trainers at the extremes of the divisions. Like the division 1 problem, divisions 5, 6, and 7 managers have significant difficulty finding dependable, quality trainers, because the great majority of their requests will come from inexperienced, and/or untrustworthy borrowers.

So I think this is a good suggestion that should be pursued.
11/01/2013 04:09
  - Div/Gr

Go to page 1, 2