Use whistle for market of players?
Yes
No
Huh?
Username
5205 msgs.
Golden Ball
Hi,

One of the most annoying things about striker manager is how hard it is to get buyers and sellers for unusual high-value players. I would like to suggest that everyone use a particular hashtag when selling or buying players that others can search whistle for. I suggest:

#sale for listing a player or players for sale
#buy for listing a player wanted ad

This will be much more efficient than using the market forum, and much more easily searched

I also suggest:

use #CF for central forwards, #GK for goalkeep, etc. etc.

The more stuff we put in there the easier it will be to filter by what you want to find.

If everyone's cool with this, we @ will come up with a standard that everyone can use to ensure the buy/sell whistles are searchable and actually useful.
30/03/2013 20:20
  - Div/Gr
Username
454 msgs.
First-team player
great great great!!! already gonna follow this convention!! 30/03/2013 20:22
  - Div/Gr
Username
961 msgs.
MVP of the game
Very good idea. Would totally help when networking for players needed to sell and buy. 30/03/2013 20:34
  - Div/Gr
Fiscal
3449 msgs.
Best scorer
+1, in addition what about hashtags to represent the player average range? Or even combining the #sale an #buy tags, like #sale7080 to state that I'm selling a player in the 70 to 80 range, then you'd add the player type hashtag. You wouldn't have to hashtag it with the level tag , but it'd probably help if you were selling a better player. Juniors obviously wouldn't count for this sort of tag, but they could have something like sell8090prog

The one thing that sucks is the whistle doesn't have a way to store tracked tags because this would be a perfect use of them. If only there was someone that was really good at making extensions for the game
31/03/2013 15:17
  - Div/Gr
413 msgs.
First-team player
Another sales spam bulletin board?

What they should really do is an automated syndication service, where, when anyone lists a player, others who've subscribed to search parameters (stats, age, progression, forecast) consistent with the listed player receives a PM. Kind of like it's supposed to work with the GB notify button. Though I've paid before and never received a PM.

Edited by Anonymous01 01-04-2013 01:10
01/04/2013 01:09
  - Div/Gr
1382 msgs.
International
I like the idea, but if you can make it more user friendly like not having to type hash tag (#) but have a click style tab ready to go.

so if we want to sell a CF, we don't have to type #CF but click a Market tab in whistle and select #CF,#gk, etc etc..

not sure if the above is possible at the moment, but im willing to use whistle for selling players absolutely.

01/04/2013 03:10
  - Div/Gr
Username
1058 msgs.
International
I see whistles no longer working.. It's been 9 years now. If only devs care about what we want :\ 19/12/2022 07:49
  - Div/Gr

Go to page 1