Go to page 1, 2, 3
  Forum » BETA Sim » Offside ! Date
Username
289 msgs.
First-team player
Today's game has some bug.

There is 2 player in same line, but when opponent's player is preparing himself for pass and touch the ball, other player who is in offside position is in front. You can say : They are at the same line, but no ! if you really play this position step by step, you will see that preparing pass causes to be in behind. And other player is in front of the ball.

So this is offside.

And also other 2 goal is 50 % offside, and 50 % not. Because nearly same action happened. If you want to see other opponent's goal, you can see 2nd and 4th goal of him too.

Anyway, i am using offside trap and this bug is caused losing my points. I hope developers can handle with this rules too, and i know that they are doing everything that they can...

Here is the link too and also you can watch 3rd goal of him as well:

[URL=][IMG][/IMG][/URL]

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.us]ImageShack.us[/URL]

17/04/2013 16:33
  Akleb - Div3/Gr9
Fiscal
1835 msgs.
International
I must say, I read a lot of these claims...almost on a daily basis. That being said, I have yet to see a single one that I agree with.

I have watched all of your goals and to me, they all look to be onside. The player receiving the ball DOES NOT have to be in line with the player passing the ball. They have to be in line with the ball, which makes them appear fractionally ahead of the passer. The screen shot you show is a bit late as the pass has already been played and the central player has continued running . When I watch the game, I can tell exactly when the pass is coming because the camera angle shifts right to anticipate the pass. At this time, the central player is in line with the ball and well onside.

Realistically, your offside trap was well beaten in this case. The opposition has five players clear of you last defender within 30 yards of the goal. I would suggest that relying on offside passes at this point might not be the best form of defence for you. We are lucky that this doesn't result in a goal every time as it would in real life.
17/04/2013 19:27
  - Div/Gr
Fiscal
4039 msgs.
Best scorer
Their 1st goal - Onside (goalscorer is in his own half).
Their 2nd goal - Onside (goalscorer is behind "Iniesta")
Their 3rd goal - Onside (as Heidstra says, the goalscorer is level with the ball).
Their 4th goal - Onside (goalscorer is in his own half).

It sucks to get beaten that way, and by that scoreline, but if catching teams offside is the way you want to play it, even as a Div 4 team I know to expect teams to be able to beat it.
18/04/2013 02:06
  FC Kylle - Div2/Gr3
Username
289 msgs.
First-team player
Heidstra said:
I must say, I read a lot of these claims...almost on a daily basis. That being said, I have yet to see a single one that I agree with.

I have watched all of your goals and to me, they all look to be onside. The player receiving the ball DOES NOT have to be in line with the player passing the ball. They have to be in line with the ball, which makes them appear fractionally ahead of the passer. The screen shot you show is a bit late as the pass has already been played and the central player has continued running . When I watch the game, I can tell exactly when the pass is coming because the camera angle shifts right to anticipate the pass. At this time, the central player is in line with the ball and well onside.

Realistically, your offside trap was well beaten in this case. The opposition has five players clear of you last defender within 30 yards of the goal. I would suggest that relying on offside passes at this point might not be the best form of defence for you. We are lucky that this doesn't result in a goal every time as it would in real life.

Yes, screen shot is a bit late, but when player who was preparing to pass, he had the ball on his foot and other player was in the same line. This is true. But when he touched the ball and ball was not stick to player's foot, other player was in front. There was a little time between touching ball and other player's position...

And i thought :

1. Ball on player's foot - Other player - Same line
2. Ball not stick to player's foot - He is in front
3. My screenshot (bit late one) - He is in front...

You thought:

1. Ball on player's foot - Other player - Same line
2. Ball not stick to player's foot - SAME LINE ---------------->>>>
3. My screenshot (bit late one) - He is in front...

Action 1 to 2, i think there is a little time and replay doesn't show 2nd action as well. I only saw 1st and 3rd action, and i just guess 2nd action, and if we can't see 2nd action, how we know that this is offside or not ?

Edited by EdenHazarD 18-04-2013 07:29
18/04/2013 07:28
  Akleb - Div3/Gr9
603 msgs.
MVP of the game
haha world sure is funny. 19/04/2013 16:22
  - Div/Gr
603 msgs.
MVP of the game
please dont take this response of mine personal eden. i am writing this to the whole bunch of similar managers who rely only on OTs to win games.

lol the manger outsmarted you by pulling back players and breaking the annoying OT you guys put forth. and when he did that finally you are shaking the head and saying its a bug ??? woaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

even if its an Offside in his half then it wont be called an Offside. you dont know that ???

Always a joy to see teams winning against teams that play Offsides rather than play football. so even if its a bug its a GOOD AND MUCH NEEDED ONE for the game i will say.

please no offense. i felt funny to see this post of yours. thats why these comments.

normally its the way around in forums. poor managers who will be at the receiving end of cruel offside traps give vent to their frustration and despair by crying loud here hoping for some compensation and kind words from fellow SM mates and @s despite cognizing like pretty sure they aint gonna get one. we feel pity for those folks. But sorry to say not much for the perpetrators like yourself.

lumi

19/04/2013 16:52
  - Div/Gr
Fiscal
4039 msgs.
Best scorer
lumiere said:

Always a joy to see teams winning against teams that play Offsides rather than play football.

+1

19/04/2013 17:09
  FC Kylle - Div2/Gr3
Username
289 msgs.
First-team player
Take it easy man If my CF didnt get injured, you wont speak any more and also i didnt regret to @ ... I know that the result wont change. And dont worry, i played CM-FM series (maybe you dont know, CM : Championship Manager, FM : Football Manager) from 2001 to 2013 (12 years). So i know what is wrong in this game and what is not, ie. tactics are poor and simulator is not realistic as you see in offside trap or other playing.

Play for fun, we just discussed and you worried if you have trouble with me personally, show me in our league if you can
19/04/2013 21:54
  Akleb - Div3/Gr9
603 msgs.
MVP of the game
EdenHazarD said:
If my CF didnt get injured, you wont speak any more

ehh ??

EdenHazarD said:
And dont worry, i played CM-FM series (maybe you dont know, CM : Championship Manager, FM : Football Manager) from 2001 to 2013 (12 years). So i know what is wrong in this game and what is not, ie. tactics are poor and simulator is not realistic as you see in offside trap or other playing.

didnt get you here as well. are you saying you have experience playing similar games and when compared to those games, the tactics and sim are flawed in SM. and that is making you rely on OTs ??? not making much sense either. so once again an ehh ???

EdenHazarD said:
Play for fun, we just discussed and you worried if you have trouble with me personally, show me in our league if you can

managers usually spent hours to devise effective formations and positioning of their defenders. and normally it should be the way to go as it is far more closely related to the beautiful game and how its being played in reality. you may be having lesser time compared to those managers and that may be the reason the offside traps. right. k for each is own.
and i dont have any prob with you. i mentioned twice in the previous post that didnt i. i just found it little amusing to see you post such a concern in the forum stating that as a bug. thats why i commented. and i am sure majority of the managers in the game will be feeling the same way after seeing the post.
yea i almost did that yesterday naa. beating your OTs and giving a run for the money . bad that you scored in the end to make it a stalemate yet again.

20/04/2013 06:56
  - Div/Gr
Username
289 msgs.
First-team player
managers usually spent hours to devise effective formations and positioning of their defenders. and normally it should be the way to go as it is far more closely related to the beautiful game and how its being played in reality. you may be having lesser time compared to those managers and that may be the reason the offside traps. right. k for each is own.
and i dont have any prob with you. i mentioned twice in the previous post that didnt i. i just found it little amusing to see you post such a concern in the forum stating that as a bug. thats why i commented. and i am sure majority of the managers in the game will be feeling the same way after seeing the post.
yea i almost did that yesterday naa. beating your OTs and giving a run for the money . bad that you scored in the end to make it a stalemate yet again.

If you are really curious, you can look my tactic history, there is a lot of tactic and each season i tried all of them and you dont know how much time that i spent you're only speaking and speaking with knowing absolutely nothing. That's look like crying with speaking much more.

And i'm defending my idea again and again. 3rd goal is offside.

By the way, my best player injuried when score was 1-1, and you can see my last cup game 1 day before our game. So opponent was 2-1 on the lead and i scored 3 goals and i beat 4-2 in the second half. That's the point, in our game, score was 1-1 and my best player injuried around 50th minutes.

You get off lightly and you are unaware

Edited by EdenHazarD 20-04-2013 08:03

Edited by EdenHazarD 20-04-2013 08:06
20/04/2013 08:02
  Akleb - Div3/Gr9

Go to page 1, 2, 3