Go to page 1, 2
  Forum » Suggestions » End of season Date
Username
149 msgs.
Substitute
Would be good if a message were sent to managers to give at least a rough time when the game will be offline between seasons 17/09/2019 03:47
  London City - Div4/Gr12
Username
21283 msgs.
Golden Ball
Noted

But we're back already!

Edited by @Oyewale 17-09-2019 20:31
17/09/2019 20:31
  🦊3773™ - Div3/Gr6
Username
149 msgs.
Substitute
@Oyewale said:
Noted

But we're back already!

Edited by @Oyewale 17-09-2019 20:31

I wrote before going offline
But still too late! Maybe next time. Maybe
17/09/2019 22:54
  London City - Div4/Gr12
Username
149 msgs.
Substitute
See? I couldn't access the game between 6am and 6pm in my local timezone (I'm in Japan) . This may not have affected you much or at all where you are but I couldn't do anything for most of the day. Had I known this was going to be the case, I would have been able to prepare for it 19/09/2019 14:15
  London City - Div4/Gr12
Username
6225 msgs.
Golden Ball
mateoqueteveo said:
See? I couldn't access the game between 6am and 6pm in my local timezone (I'm in Japan) . This may not have affected you much or at all where you are but I couldn't do anything for most of the day. Had I known this was going to be the case, I would have been able to prepare for it

I experienced the same here in Nigeria but different timezone

They should have notify us somehow
23/09/2019 07:07
  - Div/Gr
Fiscal
4018 msgs.
Best scorer
It's pretty much the same each season.
Just don't plan to use the game Tuesday and Wednesday (in Europe) after the last league game.
No need for anything else.
23/09/2019 13:09
  FC Kylle - Div2/Gr3
Username
149 msgs.
Substitute
@sicox86 said:
Just don't plan to use the game Tuesday and Wednesday (in Europe) after the last league game.

It's not a lot to ask for an automated notification making players aware of the time the game is offline. We used to get an update message at the end of each season. Just because the last game of the season is played doesn't mean everything stops. Auctions, stores, catering and more... It all continues. It's an improvement in the game to tell players WHEN the game is going offline, to prepare properly for an extended period without access. That's what this forum is for. Just telling people to assume the game is unavailable for two days is not in the least bit helpful. This time the game was back within a day, was perfectly accessible for a decent amount of time, then without warning was gone again for about 12hours. Wasn't it reasonable to assume that when the game came back the first time, it would stay that way? If the game isn't ready, they shouldn't bring it back. And if they are bringing it offline again they should warn that's they are doing. It ain't hard
23/09/2019 15:49
  London City - Div4/Gr12
Username
6225 msgs.
Golden Ball
mateoqueteveo said:
@sicox86 said:

It's not a lot to ask for an automated notification making players aware of the time the game is offline. We used to get an update message at the end of each season. Just because the last game of the season is played doesn't mean everything stops. Auctions, stores, catering and more... It all continues. It's an improvement in the game to tell players WHEN the game is going offline, to prepare properly for an extended period without access. That's what this forum is for. Just telling people to assume the game is unavailable for two days is not in the least bit helpful. This time the game was back within a day, was perfectly accessible for a decent amount of time, then without warning was gone again for about 12hours. Wasn't it reasonable to assume that when the game came back the first time, it would stay that way? If the game isn't ready, they shouldn't bring it back. And if they are bringing it offline again they should warn that's they are doing. It ain't hard[/quotd

Did they ever consider the participants for once?

They just do as they seems good
23/09/2019 15:51
  - Div/Gr
Username
6225 msgs.
Golden Ball
mateoqueteveo said:
@sicox86 said:

It's not a lot to ask for an automated notification making players aware of the time the game is offline. We used to get an update message at the end of each season. Just because the last game of the season is played doesn't mean everything stops. Auctions, stores, catering and more... It all continues. It's an improvement in the game to tell players WHEN the game is going offline, to prepare properly for an extended period without access. That's what this forum is for. Just telling people to assume the game is unavailable for two days is not in the least bit helpful. This time the game was back within a day, was perfectly accessible for a decent amount of time, then without warning was gone again for about 12hours. Wasn't it reasonable to assume that when the game came back the first time, it would stay that way? If the game isn't ready, they shouldn't bring it back. And if they are bringing it offline again they should warn that's they are doing. It ain't hard[/quotd

Did they ever consider the participants for once?

They just do as they seems good
23/09/2019 15:51
  - Div/Gr
Fiscal
4018 msgs.
Best scorer
You have 4 days between the last game of one season and the first game of the next. For the last many seasons only 1 day has been used to reset the season. The rest of the time is more than enough to set up for the new season.
My approach, take it or leave it, is if it's important I don't plan it to happen between seasons. Planning an auction between seasons is asking for trouble. The rest - store, catering - how much of an issue is this? If you have pack manager it works fine.
It's annoying when the game goes offline once the a season starts. In this case it was to fix a bug,which was fixed as early as it could be. The alternative would be what in this scenario?
I would like to be able to write a message on the forum with info around season start dates, hostile clause protection dates and planned down time. Unfortunately, I don't have access to this info, so I will take my own advice and play it safe.

Edited by @sicox86 23-09-2019 18:21
23/09/2019 16:57
  FC Kylle - Div2/Gr3

Go to page 1, 2