Go to page 1, 2
  Forum » FAQ & Tutorials » Interpreting simulator with regards to tactics and formation Date
Username
940 msgs.
MVP of the game
General Note:
1- Please know difference between advanced formation and advanced tactics.
2- Please do not ask me to create a tactic/formation for you.
3- You can follow what i'm saying by first testing it on your formation/tactics and simulator view.

I will start by giving this big hint: whenever there is a throw in, the position of the players reflect where they are in that box inside advanced formation!
This piece of information will make it much easier for you to study your team or opponent.

Explanation of tactics (red,yellow, green lines) to better understand interpretation of step 1 below.

- First I will start by saying that the lines that given by default when you click on a new tactic are just a random point and are NOT neutral position. Neutral position for these lines means the location of these lines when your players (forwards, mids and def) play in the exact position as advanced formation boxes.
- Moving the lines just a bit can do changes in the way your players behave, so whenever you want to adjust lines please do NOT drastically change their positions.
- All red, yellow, green lines behave the same way.
- If your lines are above neutral position, then your players will act prematurely when attacking but late when defending. I will take extreme examples just to illustrate this point: if you put the red line very high up, this will make your forwards stand in the position of the next box ahead instead of the current box (in advanced formation). So for example: when your RF has the ball, you see the LF and CF running in front of the RF (although in advance formation for that box, the CF and LF are at the same level as the RF)
- If your lines are below neutral position, then your players will act prematurely when defending but late when attacking. Similar to the point above this time I will give an example for the green line: if green line is very low (below neutral) then you might see players behaving and running like the box below the one they are in.
- I will add to this that a high (upward) green line might also cause defenders to go out of position to steal the ball from attacker which might allow the attacker to dribble one player after the other.
- keep in mind that you are not forced to move all lines in same direction, (for example red and yellow lines can be above neutral position and green can be below)

Step 1:
Go and watch any simulator game -> read comments of the game and search for throw ins -> click on the time next to it -> and watch.

Notes for step 1:
- Notice the difference in the position of the players before and during the throw in.
- It is preferable that the throw in that you chose from the comments happen at the same level (or box in advance formation) during the attack or defense (by this I mean that the throw in did not result from a long ball that is being cleared from a distance)

Interpretation of step 1:
- As mentioned above: when the ball is in the hands of the player on throw in, the position of the players are the same as advanced formation for that box.
Method 1:
- Look at how the players move right AFTER the player throws the ball with his hands!!!!
- If forwards move up then it means red line is above neutral
- If mids move up then it means yellow line is above neutral
- If defenders move up then it means green line is above neutral
- If all players are in the same position before or after the throw in then it means that all lines are in neutral.
Method 2:
- Look at how the players move right BEFORE the ball crosses the line for a throw in.
- During an attack, if forwards were running behind the ball before the throw in but suddenly appear at the same level as the ball on the throw in, then this means red line is below neutral
- During a defense, if defenders were running backward (towards goal) before the the throw in but suddenly appear at a different position during the throw in (above where they were before the throw in) then this means the green line is below neutral.

Last point made clearer: During throw in this is the players position in advanced formation. During game play (before the throw in) the defenders were below the position seen during the throw in (= to advance formation). Hence the green line must be below neutral positions for the players to act and behave like the box below!

An Extra observation:
Sometimes when the GK has the ball in his hands and is running backward and forward, if enough time has passed, the players run to different positions. Where they run is related to tactic lines. For example if put all my lines down, then if opponent GK has the ball in his hands, my players will all run in same direction towards my last box in advanced formation (= my GK box)

Hope this was helpful. Best of Luck!
Hopefully @s can add it to FAQ/Tutorial.

Edited by @Oyewale 24-09-2020 09:50
03/09/2020 21:38
  12 years+ 🐶 - Div2/Gr3
Username
1592 msgs.
International
This actually the best explanation and SIM interpretation I've ever seen... Explaining almost every angles and all the rules guarding the simulation.

Really Nice piece bro 👍
03/09/2020 21:57
  - Div/Gr
Username
374 msgs.
First-team player
Splendid piece of work champ... this will go a long way in SM 03/09/2020 22:10
  E cHoKe 🥲 - Div2/Gr4
Username
1590 msgs.
International
Great 👊👊 03/09/2020 22:24
  Escorgasmo Multiple - Div2/Gr1
Username
4317 msgs.
Best scorer
Nice work bro.. 05/09/2020 10:46
  ®P.Î.Ã.B® - Div3/Gr10
Username
825 msgs.
MVP of the game
congratulations were very good. 06/09/2020 08:25
  RJFC - Div1/Gr1
Username
29 msgs.
Child's coach
This is absolutely fantastic i understood every bit of the explanation most especially the throw-in cause i dont click on those throw-in and corner kicks 20/09/2020 00:28
  - Div/Gr
Username
29 msgs.
Child's coach
This is absolutely fantastic i understood every bit of the explanation most especially the throw-in cause i dont click on those throw-in and corner kicks 20/09/2020 00:28
  - Div/Gr
Username
41 msgs.
Child's coach
fantastic indeed 20/09/2020 00:31
  - Div/Gr
Username
41 msgs.
Child's coach
it deserves to be in faqs and tutorials 20/09/2020 21:44
  - Div/Gr

Go to page 1, 2