Go to page 1
  Forum » Suggestions » Scrap Hostile Clauses Date
Username
281 msgs.
First-team player
I can't believe I am about to suggest the most unique thing (which I love) about this game but for the sake of keeping everything competitive the hostile clauses should be scrapped.
The reason is that the auction prices are capped player values and thus small teams are not likely to make money in a free market auction system, if were talking about transfer agreements it would be understandable that you need to keep it at market prices, auction is willing-buyer willing-seller relationship available to all users of Striker manager for a minimum time of 48 hours.

This makes teams vulnerable and thus likely to get the best players hostiled as they do not have enough money to build a sustainable income.

11/02/2022 17:46
  ®BKM United - Div3/Gr7
Fiscal
4039 msgs.
Best scorer
I'm not quite sure I understand fully what the connection is between the two but I'd be happy to learn if I'm wrong here.
Auction prices are not capped and never will be. To deduce that from recent rule changes and tutorials is a huge and unfortunate misinterpretation. The reason for rule 6 being amended or clarified is to stop people from over-exploiting scarcity at any level in the market, leading to inflation, to reduce the likelihood of inexperienced users being duped, and to make it more difficult to hide outright cheating. What's happening is that it's no longer tolerable to have your players on auction for 2, 3, 4 times a normal market price. You can cite phrases like "free market" if you like but in truth a purely free market cannot exist even in this game for a few key reasons such as volume and enforcement.
However, there are fairly wide margins @s are willing to accept. So wide, really, that if you're halfway decent at valuing your players you'll be fine and able to make some big profits if you have a good eye. What you're assuming here is because you cannot behave completely oblivious to a normal market price then you can only sell for an exact price. There's a big leap there.
What I think you're claiming is that the potential profit margins are so small we cannot afford to pay our players. I cannot see this becoming an issue. Firstly, as I mentioned, as long as you're buying and selling well you'll never face difficulties here as there are reasonable margins. Secondly, there are far more expensive things than salaries for most users of the game bar maybe the elite. Additionally, if players only sell for what a buyer thinks is reasonable then surely the players on auction at 4 times market value won't sell so there would be no difference to now where we're saying that's very clearly no longer OK. Lastly, why ban hostiles? Some can't afford to keep their players, OK. Most can't afford 98 avg OMs, should we ban those, too?
As I said, I think there's a chance I'm not understanding the connection.

Edited by @sicox86 11-02-2022 21:48
11/02/2022 21:31
  FC Kylle - Div2/Gr3
Username
21398 msgs.
Golden Ball
Mr Luks said:
I can't believe I am about to suggest the most unique thing (which I love) about this game but for the sake of keeping everything competitive the hostile clauses should be scrapped.

How do you keep things competitive without hostile clause, where would the competition come from?
11/02/2022 21:40
  🦊3773™ - Div3/Gr6
Username
281 msgs.
First-team player
@sicox86 said:
What I think you're claiming is that the potential profit margins are so small we cannot afford to pay our players. I cannot see this becoming an issue. Firstly, as I mentioned, as long as you're buying and selling well you'll never face difficulties here as there are reasonable margins. Secondly, there are far more expensive things than salaries for most users of the game bar maybe the elite. Additionally, if players only sell for what a buyer thinks is reasonable then surely the players on auction at 4 times market value won't sell so there would be no difference to now where we're saying that's very clearly no longer OK. Lastly, why ban hostiles? Some can't afford to keep their players, OK. Most can't afford 98 avg OMs, should we ban those, too?
As I said, I think there's a chance I'm not understanding the connection.

Edited by @sicox86 11-02-2022 21:48

You are right, my fear is the potential small profit margins and thus not being able to afford player who have high forecast. My fear related to the many years that the history of the auction selling players at high values resulting in exorbitant profit margins to players who currently have $Billions in their deposits, they have somewhat an advantage over the newer players.

Thanks for clarification, I think we can close the thread.
12/02/2022 07:19
  ®BKM United - Div3/Gr7
Username
281 msgs.
First-team player
@Oyewale said:
Mr Luks said:

How do you keep things competitive without hostile clause, where would the competition come from?

I do not have a problem with hostile clauses per se, my fear was that since players cannot maximize their profit margins on the auction, it would be better if all transfer dealings were limited to auction and transfer agreement.
The issue has been resolved.
12/02/2022 07:24
  ®BKM United - Div3/Gr7
Fiscal
1694 msgs.
International
Mr Luks said:
it would be better if all transfer dealings were limited to auction and transfer agreement.

Totally disagree:

1] This sounds like you're not interested in learning how to make the hostile clause work in your favor..

2] Anyone interested in getting to d2 or higher needs to keep the expected value of positions in their head at all times -- or, if not in your head, in an Excel sheet you update every so often. And hey, if you don't want to do that - great! Play the game the way you want! Nobody's forcing you.. But that's the activity level of the game at the higher levels.
Quite frankly, the hostile clause is part of the list that keeps things competitive...

3] Hostile clause effects bubble over from one division to the next -- when I get a vital player hostiled, I have money.. and that money will then be used to hostile someone else, and so on.

4] "What Someone's Interested In Selling For" really has no bearing on players actually on the market. And that's a reflection of life as well -- Neymar wasn't on the market but PSG bought him by meeting his contract's release clause.
14/02/2022 02:14
  ★★Dyslexia Untied - Div2/Gr2

Go to page 1