Go to page 1, 2
  Forum » Suggestions » Ingame advanced tactic status not working Date
Fiscal
1694 msgs.
International
In today's game I set a tactic to be implemented if I was one or more goals down using 2 advanced tactic checks -- one for "if one goal down" and another for "if 2 or more goals down", both at the 60-minute mark.

I was a goal up at the time [leading 1-0] and the advanced tactic was implemented regardless. This should not have happened at all - this is a bug.

Please fix the status checks to actually do what they say they're going to do.

In this example, BOTH checks would have failed if the "status" portion of the code was doing what it says it's trying to do.
The logic asserts it's "IF xyz is the status THEN < do something > "... I defined the status I was looking for using the options made available; however, the Something was done even though the status check failed both times.
28/02/2022 13:59
  ★★Dyslexia Untied - Div2/Gr2
Username
21398 msgs.
Golden Ball
One goal up, one goal down, two or more goals up, two or more goals down sometimes touch, most managers use only the time parameters to make it as simple as possible. You have a valid case here though! 01/03/2022 16:35
  🦊3773™ - Div3/Gr6
Fiscal
4039 msgs.
Best scorer
Did you have a mix of game-time-specific and situation-specific advanced tactics activated? 01/03/2022 23:14
  FC Kylle - Div2/Gr3
Fiscal
1694 msgs.
International
Yes
Each of those two described above were set to occur at minute 60

And to be clear.. the only thing defined to change in either case was a formation change.

If there was a choice for "one or more goals" either ahead or behind.. that would help.

Edited by Buckeye623 02-03-2022 00:58
02/03/2022 00:52
Fiscal
1694 msgs.
International
I have deleted the extra advanced tactics for now and I guess I'll only add them when I want to use the new formation.. Otherwise I'll just do what's normal.

Edited by Buckeye623 02-03-2022 13:24
02/03/2022 13:11
Fiscal
1694 msgs.
International
This is why I'm not in division 1!

At least for this item, advanced tactics isn't bugged. I forgot to take the switch to the "new" tactic off my "normal" advanced tactic for forward substitutions.

This is also why I gave up 4 quick goals today - the new formation is a 343 and today I ran a 433. Always a good move..
02/03/2022 14:57
Fiscal
4039 msgs.
Best scorer
I've always known the advanced tactics to be quite unreliable if you have a mix of game time and scoreline specific in one game. As in some advanced tactics that are only scoreline and also some that are only time-based.
I can only imagine that mixing the two in the same tactic would be asking for trouble. Not to invalidate your request for improvement - clearly either clarity or functionality is needed - but I'm not sure how the game would know which to condition would trigger the change given there's no AND clarity. Maybe the game sees OR and gets all confused.
Failing development here, I'd recommend simplifying a little bit. Either having all the advanced tactics only time-based or all of them only scoreline-based if reliability is the target.
If anyone's experienced in mixing the conditions, please feel free to advise if there's any tricks to it.
02/03/2022 22:48
  FC Kylle - Div2/Gr3
Username
281 msgs.
First-team player
If there is a clash of tactics where multiple conditions are met the advanced tactics will likely not work e.g I have a tactic for any condition at 60 minutes and another tactic when I am losing by 2 more goals at 60 minutes. It results in a clash of tactics, sometimes the game game favours one tactic or both of them will not work.

I normally use the advanced tactics for substitutions and if such clash occurs both tactics will have substitutes just to make sure they go through.
03/03/2022 16:28
  ®BKM United - Div3/Gr7
Username
198 msgs.
Substitute
Advance tactics is a scam, that's why I've been advocating for in game tactics but the devs aren't doing anything concerning it. I only used advance tactics if I want to rest a player for sub cos this is football any thing can happen. But with in game tactics you will be in charge like pep. 23/03/2022 11:10
  - Div/Gr
Username
198 msgs.
Substitute
Advance tactics is a scam, that's why I've been advocating for in game tactics but the devs aren't doing anything concerning it. I only used advance tactics if I want to rest a player for sub cos this is football any thing can happen. But with in game tactics you will be in charge like pep. 23/03/2022 11:11
  - Div/Gr

Go to page 1, 2