Go to page 1
  Forum » General » For all beginners Date
Username
507 msgs.
MVP of the game
I am writing this because our market has not been more miserable for a long time.
It's sad to see that we have in the game, I'll give an example, a couple of good goalkeepers who will leave in a couple of seasons anyway. Yes, when I type 96-99 avg in the market, 4 players come out and they are all RDF.
For all beginners:

-Try to level up your trainers to 99%.

- When you temporarily promote your players, do it on Tuesday night (after the time of playing your league games) so that for the weekend the players will have 170%.

- If you are not sure how to train your players, look for good coaches of your positions in the best divisions and ask them.

- Train the players to the maximum of them.

I hope we will have better market in future.
25/01/2023 20:57
  🇭🇷FC Lions - Div1/Gr1
Username
21370 msgs.
Golden Ball
The issue is top quality players are becoming more scarce, these days.

Resulting into increase in the value of the ones available, I don't think anything else can be done aside from your advice. The only point is to get the best available players you can get and make do of them.
28/01/2023 17:13
  🦊3773™ - Div3/Gr6
Fiscal
1675 msgs.
International
Never ignore high progression players - doesn't matter what their current rating is or how late in the season it is! Until a player is basically 17, a guy with high enough progression - if trained correctly - has every chance in the world to end up rated 94+.

Even that player you're ignoring because they appear to be too low-rated even if the prog "would be attractive"... can and will make up for it.

My current backup LIM started life at 14 as a 22-rated guy.. and is now rated 85 in the middle of the 18 year old season. If I can do it.. you can do it too.

As well... If you have no more seats on your substitutes bench for a player, you're not training that player correctly. You really shouldn't be buying prog 90+ for reserves bench. Reserves bench is where you buy a prog 86 guy for $0 and sell for $60..
I've seen more than one person spend on a prog 93 player only to sit them in reserves at 55% motivation for ages 14-18.. and then be shocked when that player doesn't get above 75 rating and therefore nobody is willing to spend even 60M.. on a guy who cost 400M..

Another failure is to buy and start a high-prog player.. but train them incorrectly.
Just watched someone buy multiple high-prog 14yo DFM's... which helps you not much at all if you're training xIM. DFM's above division 3.. need the aggressiveness stat which is absolutely not trained via xIM training. DFM's are trained with xDF - unless you don't want a very large purchase price for them. Certainly, a couple seasons of passing and ball control can be used to top off the DFM's nice-to-have-but-nonessential stats [pass, dribbling] that won't get far above 84 when you're training xDF -- but that's it.
If you don't understand the above paragraph.. look again at what the player stats do in other threads on this forum.

Training is the key to this game.. Your actual resources are your starting positions and your substitute bench positions -- that's how you make your money and how you win.

Edited by Buckeye623 03-02-2023 12:52
02/02/2023 02:53
  ★★Dyslexia Untied - Div2/Gr2
Username
21370 msgs.
Golden Ball
Insights! 02/02/2023 03:00
  🦊3773™ - Div3/Gr6
Username
495 msgs.
First-team player
But how do we know the right training combo if someone who's more experienced is not willing to teach their combo

I've been in different managers DM just to learn from them but No they're not willing to teach

I think I'm still doing a little bit well with my own Combo thou

Edited by mogbo 28-04-2023 20:55
14/02/2023 14:25
  TEAM 7🐸🐍🐌 - Div3/Gr2
Fiscal
4022 msgs.
Best scorer
mogbo said:
But how do we know the right training combo if someone who's more experienced is not willing to teach their combo

I'll been in different managers DM just to learn from them but No they're not willing to teach

I think I'm still doing a little bit well with my own Combo thou

A while back several experienced managers provided their training setups for many positions:
http://en3.strikermanager.com/foros/hilo.php?id=520584
You can also use the guidance on the FAQ:
http://en3.strikermanager.com/foros/hilo.php?id=276205

Edited by @sicox86 14-02-2023 15:48
14/02/2023 14:33
  FC Kylle - Div2/Gr3
Username
318 msgs.
First-team player
@Oyewale said:
Insights!

It's true, am with you💯
16/02/2023 00:40
  𝕯𝖗🫠 - Div3/Gr16
Fiscal
1675 msgs.
International
mogbo said:
willing to teach their combo

There is no trick personal combo.

The solutions have been given. I think many people just don't want to accept that there aren't magical mystery arts from the temple of Shaolin.

You have to both hear the solution --- and then, the part that many people choose not to implement -- do it repeatedly without fail.

If you try to Do Your Own Thing.. unless that thing is what's in other threads with the training sequences, your results will be sub-optimal, and you won't get as much $$.

Buy good players
Pay attention to roster limits [nobody expensive sitting on reserves bench]
Train consistently

Have fun, of course, but training players to a rating high enough to get big dollars requires long-term focus and consistent training. It should make sense that maximizing the training of one position requires only a small specific number of trainings.. and that those trainings are basically known for each position. This doesn't make the game boring or repetitive --- small things do always come up such as "you need to sell some players a couple seasons earlier for other needs and so need to buy additional players to backfill those lineup holes" -- there's always something.

Figuring that all out is exactly what makes the game fun! And yes, I have many tabs in the Excel file I use for various calculations.

Edited by @Buckeye623 14-05-2023 01:09
28/04/2023 19:28
  ★★Dyslexia Untied - Div2/Gr2

Go to page 1