Go to page 1, 2
  Forum » General » Auction Prices Too High Date
Do you agree? Are starting prices being set too high for players being auctioned off?
Yes
No
Username
67 msgs.
Rookie
I was looking for some players to buy but geeze, guys, what is the deal with the prices being asked? Look at the going rates for similar players--the STARTING prices being asked are WAY higher than similar players ever go for. 17 Mar 01:41
  Superchargers - Div3/Gr14
Username
21337 msgs.
Golden Ball
You can report such to fiscals! 17 Mar 03:30
  🦊3773™ - Div3/Gr6
Username
63 msgs.
Rookie
Explain why players similar transfer page is blank for most players? you lucky if you'll find anyone with info 19 Mar 11:06
  F!SH - Div3/Gr13
Fiscal
4020 msgs.
Best scorer
D3vil May Cry said:
Explain why players similar transfer page is blank for most players? you lucky if you'll find anyone with info

This is untrue.
19 Mar 17:54
  FC Kylle - Div2/Gr3
Username
21337 msgs.
Golden Ball
It's also important to take cognizance of the scarcity of top quality players which has resulted to hike in market value. 20 Mar 00:49
  🦊3773™ - Div3/Gr6
Username
67 msgs.
Rookie
That's what an auction is for. You start out low, then the price gets bid up based on the market. They are setting the starting prices far beyond where I'd even make an initial bid.

And I don't see any evidence anyone is paying those kinds of prices. They are double what is typical.
20 Mar 02:33
Username
21337 msgs.
Golden Ball
Setting starting prices way beyond market value is against the rules and to the best of my knowledge has ever been condoned.

So, if you see a case of such, you know what to do!
20 Mar 04:05
  🦊3773™ - Div3/Gr6
Username
67 msgs.
Rookie
I don't understand what the violation would be. Is it a trick to transfer large amounts of money between accounts, to cheat? 20 Mar 04:44
Fiscal
4020 msgs.
Best scorer
DonUSA said:
I don't understand what the violation would be. Is it a trick to transfer large amounts of money between accounts, to cheat?

In crude cases it could be this. The rule was rewritten a couple of years ago to include not only actual instances where players were transferred for higher-than-market-value sums but also to capture attempts to do so.
The reason for the amendment is to try and prevent against gross inflation or deception. Inflation can, does and is happening but the control is to make sure it's because of buyer demand not seller greed.
20 Mar 06:33
  FC Kylle - Div2/Gr3
Username
63 msgs.
Rookie
@sicox86 said:
D3vil May Cry said:
Explain why players similar transfer page is blank for most players? you lucky if you'll find anyone with info

This is untrue.

Run through your players similar trans and see for yourself. It's blank because them lad's are retired, and players available are on where near the same stats.
20 Mar 10:48
  F!SH - Div3/Gr13

Go to page 1, 2