Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4
  Forum » Doubts and questions » Player Development in Striker Manager Date
Username
8 msgs.
Cadet
I'm new to Striker Manager but having played Football manager 2010 & 2011, I know Player development is one of the most important parts of this genre of games.

I was wondering if one of the more experienced players or the admins/mods could post some sort of guide in the FAQs section perhaps detailing the various terms and the factors that affect ratings development for youth as well as seniors.

Most important points to be focussed on could include:

1. Definitions for terms like Player Progression & Forecast, and whether these terms stay the same or change for a player.

2. Things that can be done to change progression/forecast.

3. What are Good/Excellent/Okay values for progression and forecast.

4. How to use the training calculator? There are currently 3-4 different links to 2-3 different spreadsheets in the forums, some of which don't work. Maybe, someone could take down the ones that aren't working and post the working ones all in one place with the directions to use them.

I know this seems like a lot to demand, but I'm thinking it would make the game so much more accessible to new managers, especially since it's a relatively new entrant in the MMO Football management game world.

11/05/2011 19:10
  - Div/Gr
Username
5569 msgs.
Golden Ball
1: Progression is fixed at player creation. Increases over time and begins to decrease after physical peak, usually around age 26.
Forecast is what you can expect from the player given the current training/progression. It is a forecast based on current conditions.

2: Train them better. See the values on the spreadsheet...Higher values in the matrix = higher daily average increase.
You can't change progression, you can change how the player is trained.

3: OK = 55-60 Good = 65 Very Good = 75 Excellent > 80
You want the forecast to peak at least at 70...no use in training someone if they are flatliners.

4: Don't worry about the training calculator...it's confusing at first, only pay attention to the matrix until you understand it.

Deduce Progression by taking
todays change amount,
yesterdays training factor
Player motivation at the time his average changes (when the Training # changes in the player screen)
(I think this is when the motivation is taken for the calculation... I think that translates to 0:00 GMT)
Your coach percentage (hover over the footballs in "Staff" section)

You will need a training # > .15 to figure this with any degree of accuracy

Progression (Approximate) = Today's Change / (player motivation * Yesterday Training * Coaching %)

Example.... Player = RDF @ age 20
Change today = .243
Coach = 70%
Motivation = 105% (team won that day)
Training yesterday was Organize Defense = .55 in that matrix (org defense for RDF)

.243/ (1.05 * .55 * .7) = .601 = 60.1% You have a player that can learn reasonably well... what you do with him is your business.

You can reverse the equation to figure out how much training in the future will get you...all that algebra you ignored in school will help!

Progression*motivation*yesterday Training*coach = change.

Bonus Answer: How will progression change over lifetime?

Pay with your balls... Then look at the graph... for example, this theoretical person has a graph that peaks (matters not how high) at age 23.
So that progression # will increase by slower increments until age 23. Then his progression # will be negative...

So you're player is a decent learner, but will peak too early in his career.

=== Progression can be impacted by external factors, such as when the player was promoted, and all sorts of things....Remember, that is a FORECAST...Your actual mileage may vary.

Feel free to correct me where I'm wrong...I derived parts of the last answer.

11/05/2011 19:50
  - Div/Gr
Username
5569 msgs.
Golden Ball
Those answers will cost you your best player. Send him on over.... at no charge to me, of course! 11/05/2011 19:52
  - Div/Gr
Username
8 msgs.
Cadet
Very good answer Rebsiot, thank you!
What you say makes a lot of sense... There are couple more things I would like to know, if you don't mind...

The forecast, as you say, keeps changing depending on how well the player trains while his progression is increasing. So, each time I need to see a player's forecast, will I have to pay 10 gold balls for each player? Also, then it probably doesn't make sense for me to check the forecast right now, since I've just started the game today and haven't played a match yet, or scheduled a training. Am I right?
11/05/2011 20:49
  - Div/Gr
Username
3363 msgs.
Best scorer
I paid 10 GB's for each of my players a month ago and still see their forecast so it looks like its for the season at least, possible for his entire career as long as he stays with you. Forecast for me is more important than progression and can tell me pretty much what has happened to that player (i.e poor training or promotion too early) If he has a good forecast at age 14/15, i.e 70+ then he will have a good progression value anyway. It does not work in reverse - a brand new player out of school with 80% progression might only forecast to 60 for example.

So check your forecasts on your players and get rid of junior players with poor FC and have fun replacing them with high value players (take your time and be fussy) - if you dedicated to the long haul in this game, your quality juniors will become critical as you get promoted thru the divs.

Leave a few spots (say 5 - 10) in both junior and senior squads open for trading so you can sideline buy and sell - this is a source of good income.

Anyway, have fun, thats the main thing, good luck
11/05/2011 21:29
  - Div/Gr
Username
5569 msgs.
Golden Ball
This answer will cost you a 50+ Center Forward.

Since forecast really only tells you one thing, how steep the persons progression is, and when it peaks, then it is best to spend it now. It doesn't do you any good to find out when he peaks later, you won't notice it until it's too late...

That being said, if you are going to use it, use it religiously. Otherwise, take a day and calculate the progression....become an accountant, and make money, rather than blow it on here. Time vs. money, you know.

What will be fun is when the new sim comes in...and they (hopefully) factor in different hidden things into a player... And make the lower end scouts actually provide misleading forecasts...You could have a margin of error inversely proportionate to the % of the scout. a 100% scout = no error... a 50% scout = plus or minus 20% A 30% scout = coin toss...or whatever...

The more variables they put in, the harder it will be to manage, from their point and ours. In my view, some things should go left unexplained... So I assume and hope that they are hiding some things will never be seen...Even with all of this info, I still suck as a manager

11/05/2011 21:29
  - Div/Gr
Username
3363 msgs.
Best scorer
Seeing that I taught Reb everything he knows you can send the CF my way.....hehe 11/05/2011 21:37
  - Div/Gr
Username
8 msgs.
Cadet
Thanks for the info guys!

Anyways, as you can both guess, I won't have a 50+ CF on my first day, so you might have to wait a Long time for me to get one to then pass on to you...

Hopefully, by then you'll be way past 50+ players, and would be looking for 70+ ones...
11/05/2011 22:14
  - Div/Gr
Username
3363 msgs.
Best scorer
Need to rest your players champion, your stamina is way down and get your phsycologist to work on that morale. 11/05/2011 22:24
  - Div/Gr
Username
8 msgs.
Cadet
Already on it... Physio and Psych(o) are both working on my players... they should be fit as fiddles by tomorrow morning.

Although, it seems that the Physiotherapist and Psychologist ratings don't have much to do with the time they take to treat your team. My Physio is 70% and Psych is 51%, and they both take 24 hours to work their magic. Do the ratings affect something else then?
11/05/2011 22:32
  - Div/Gr

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4